Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heinz Settles Age-Old Debate About Where Ketchup Should Be Stored

c.d.

Mine stays in the cupboard although I don’t know why when we put mayo in the fridge. Both taking up beer-space btw.
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
      Mine stays in the cupboard although I don’t know why when we put mayo in the fridge. Both taking up beer-space btw.
      Agreed. I don't care what Heinz says, only barbarians keep it in the fridge.

c.d.

Comment

I can't stand Ketchup as a rule, I'd keep it on the shelf.
        Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post

Agreed. I don't care what Heinz says, only barbarians keep it in the fridge.

c.d.
          Oh, I'm proud to be a barbarian, c.d.

It's fridge all the way, but ketchup just goes on the small shelves inside the door so as not to impede the booze storage in the rest of the fridge.

By the way, good to see you back Herlock Sholmes

Comment

Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post

It's fridge all the way, but ketchup just goes on the small shelves inside the door so as not to impede the booze storage in the rest of the fridge.

So let me get this straight -- you put ketchup in the fridge but don't drink your beer ice cold? Barbarian indeed.

c.d.

Comment

So let me get this straight -- you put ketchup in the fridge but don't drink your beer ice cold? Barbarian indeed.

c.d.
              Well, naturally I drink my beer ice cold!

Surely the two things aren't mutually exclusive, or is that just the traditional American thing that we Brits drink warm beer?

Comment

Well, naturally I drink my beer ice cold!

Surely the two things aren't mutually exclusive, or is that just the traditional American thing that we Brits drink warm beer?
                The traditional assumption from across the pond is that Brits do not drink their beer warm but at room temperature which is an abomination here in the U.S.

Comment

Thanks Ms D
                  Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

The traditional assumption from across the pond is that Brits do not drink their beer warm but at room temperature which is an abomination here in the U.S.
                    I guess there's some truth in that in relation to ales and bitter, however we've become more refined with our lager drinking and now it's nicely chilled and sometimes even in a frosted glass.

It took us a while, but we're getting there!

Comment

I guess there's some truth in that in relation to ales and bitter, however we've become more refined with our lager drinking and now it's nicely chilled and sometimes even in a frosted glass.

It took us a while, but we're getting there!
                      Good for you. Keep up the good work and before long you'll figure out the correct side of the road to drive on.

c.d.

Comment

Good for you. Keep up the good work and before long you'll figure out the correct side of the road to drive on.

c.d.

Comment

Its on the supermarket shelf not the fridge when I buy it, so its in the cupboard for me .

'It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is. It doesn't matter how smart you are . If it doesn't agree with experiment, its wrong'' . Richard Feynman

Comment

Most sauce jars and bottles are on the normal supermarket shelves, FISHY, but that's because they haven't been opened yet. Many have storage instructions that say keep in fridge once opened and consume within so many days or weeks. But we can use our common sense to prevent food poisoning.

That said, the mayo goes in my fridge and the ketchup always in my cupboard. All beers as cold as possible.

Love,

Caz
                            X
                            "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

The correct side being going in the same direction as everyone else I would say!
                              Last edited by mpriestnall; 06-29-2023, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X