Sheriff's Deputies Shoot, Kill 13-Year-Old Carrying Toy Gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sheriff's Deputies Shoot, Kill 13-Year-Old Carrying Toy Gun

A tragic incident but I blame the boy not the police. A 13-year-old is not a child. He was told repeatedly to put the gun down and he didn't do it. The police had no way of knowing it was a toy.

c.d.

I have a friend who used to be a cop. This is why he isn't anymore.

He saw a boy of about 8 on a porch holding a submachine gun. He stopped and ordered him to drop it. He kept repeating it, and he had his gun on the kid, but he couldn't fire he was sure it was fake. Then the door to the house opened and the startled kid fired a burst, instantly killing his best friend and hitting a 4 year old girl. He then pointed the gun at Mark and started screaming at him, but the little girl was still alive at that point, and he couldn't wait to talk the kid down. He shot the kid. He HAD to get to the little girl. He was put on administrative leave during the investigation, he was censured for not firing earlier and he retired. The little girl died 4 days after the shooting.

And he still can't even process it. He still doesn't know what he should have done, or how it even all happened that way. And the families hate him, and all he was trying to do was not shoot a little boy. He moved here to get away from it, and it was a long time ago, but he still flinches from children.

Nobody wins.
    The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Very sad indeed problem here seems to be America is awash with guns.My friend has lived in Florida for nearly twenty years and some guy he works with owns over 30 hand guns and has a garage full of ammunition.There is nothing that can be done to prevent these sad events happening again just to many guns in America.
      Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
        Very sad indeed problem here seems to be America is awash with guns.My friend has lived in Florida for nearly twenty years and some guy he works with owns over 30 hand guns and has a garage full of ammunition.There is nothing that can be done to prevent these sad events happening again just to many guns in America.
        Hi Pinkmoon,

Totally agree and also too many guns in Britain.

cheers

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Spring View Post
          Hi Pinkmoon,

Totally agree and also too many guns in Britain.

cheers

Nick
          Agree nick just a good job we can't pop down to a shop a buy one legally like in America.
          Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Working...
          X