Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas manhunt for man who shot 4 adults 1 child when asked to quit firing his AR-15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas manhunt for man who shot 4 adults 1 child when asked to quit firing his AR-15

More than 200 officers from multiple law enforcement agencies are searching for the gunman accused of shooting and killing five people, including a 9-year-old child, at a Cleveland, Texas, home after neighbors asked him to stop firing his rifle outdoors, officials said Sunday.

They just asked him to tone it down so their baby could sleep. The man came over, brought his weapon, and shot 5 people execution -style. Four adults died at the scene, and an eight-year-old boy died at the hospital. Family was from Honduras, well-regarded by neighbors.
    Shooter was from Mexico City. He was apparently shooting the AR-15 on his front lawn, as Texans are wont to do.
    Horrible event.
    Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
    ---------------
    Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
    ---------------

The man wanted by law enforcement for the killings of five Texas neighbors – including a 9-year-old boy – had entered the US illegally and been deported by immigration officials at least four times, a US Immigration and Customs Enforcement source said.

The shooter of five people in Cleveland, Texas, was a Mexican citizen who had been deported from the United States four times. He is still eluding police and other law enforcement officers. (I wonder if this guy has drug cartel connections?)
    ---------------
    Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
    ---------------

Comment

I read a few sources for this article, but the report on Breitbart was interesting. As that site is wont to do, the headline read "Mexican Migrant kills five".

The comments section however, if one cares to wade in the mire, is a fascinating insight into right wing America. This incident reinforces the view that Americans need guns. The shooter was an immigrant, may well have owned the gun illegally, and if criminals have access to guns, the good people need them too, to protect themselves and other good people from criminals with guns. Pretty simple. But, they also like to bang the drum for 'an armed society is a safe society'. Acts like this fly in the face of that argument and force them to accept, they need guns because it's not a safe society at all. Because of all the guns, the millions of guns that if decent honest folk are denied, dishonest folk will still have, in huge numbers. It's interesting to see the balancing act of constitutional right, the safer society idea and the reality that without guns, they don't feel safe. Probably easier to focus on the illegal immigration aspect...
      Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

I've seen an opinion piece saying that Texas governor Abbott coldly felt the victims were "illegal immigrants" (the family was from Honduras, from which many sanctuary seekers are admitted legally to the States) and therefore perhaps not that important.
        The sheriff leading the search told a reporter on television, "I don't care if they're legal or illegal, they're dead. Five dead people in my county, and I want to get that shooter."

The opinion piece noted that Abbott had tweeted that he was disappointed that Texas ranked only second in gun sales throughout the state, and advised his followers to "get to the gun stores, everyone!"

Sigh... I've recently watched the series "Succession" and am reminded of the term "no RPI" used by the wealthy people and companies for "no real people involved" when one of the ordinary folk (like waiters or tourists) unfortunately get killed or fall off the cruise ship. Apparently Republicans are of the same mindset.
        ---------------
        ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post
          The shooter was an immigrant, may well have owned the gun illegally, and if criminals have access to guns, the good people need them too, to protect themselves and other good people from criminals with guns. Pretty simple...
          It's difficult to argue against this, considering the recent epidemic of Hispanic mass shooters:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mass Shooters.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	809352

Comment

That ginger headed fellow looks particularly nasty!

I remember when the Ulvade school massacre happened, also in Texas, and I had the suspicion that the cops held back because the majority of the school's student body had Spanish surnames. That, thankfully, has never been brought up, it seems to have been just a lot of miscommunication and boneheaded milling about. But many cops and other law enforcement people are flat out bigots.

Edited to add: Most of those *white* mass murderers depicted above are confirmed to have purchased their guns legally.
            Last edited by Pcdunn; 05-02-2023, 03:52 PM.
            ---------------
            ---------------

Comment

The longtime partner of a man accused of gunning down five people, including a 9-year-old, in a neighboring Texas home seemed to be cooperating with authorities – but was actually helping the suspect evade them during a dayslong manhunt, a prosecutor said Wednesday.

Two others were also arrested for aiding the fugitive, more may be also detained. Apparently no cartel connections. just family and friends. They say his wife contacted cousins to help the shooter flee to Mexico, but they refused her request.
              ---------------
              ---------------

Comment

Working...
              X