No announcement yet.

Public asked to swear allegiance to King out loud during ceremony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did read an article today that his planned visit to the Continent for a Green issues conference on bee death and global warming was canceled after criticism that these issues "aren't political"
    Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
    ---------------
    Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
    ---------------

Comment

It specifically says "all persons of goodwill", and I ain't got no goodwill for the Royals, so I guess I'm exempt?
      Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
        Did we have to say the same at the coronation of Queen Elizabeth II?
        I don't know. Maybe it was the peers back then?

Comment

Originally posted by mpriestnall View Post

Same thing.
          Sorry Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. I was only joking!

Comment

Only fair

Comment

Saw a video online today about the new uniforms for the Beefeaters which now have King Charles III's "royal cipher" on their tunics.
              CR III instead of ER II. Never even realized that was a detail people thought about!'
              ---------------
              Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
              ---------------

Comment

The Queen was crowned a few years after the second world war, rightly at the time there was a massive sense of nationalism and the commonwealth empire was strong.
                But things have changed, we are in the twenty first century. The empire has moved on where countries want their own independence etc and , despite certain despots we are more of one human race , rich or poor , black or white etc .
                Paying homage to the King etc is not the way forward in my opinion . I am not saying we should get rid of royalty, but the class system should change, with a much more slimmed down and perhaps hands on monarchy instead of just pomp and circumstance .​

Regards Darryl

Comment

Comment

Interesting article, String, thanks for the link. Apparently, "peaceful" protests in the U.K. must be "silent" ones.
                    ---------------
                    ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
                      Sounds as if the UK is on the verge of becoming as *disunited* as the USA.

So sad that people won't trust their government, nor a king trust his subjects.
                      We have a constitutional monarchy, not an absolute monarchy. Therefore, we are not 'subjects' but free citizens. Trust the government? Not the current shower! They are a disgrace.

Comment

Working...
                      X