No announcement yet.

Private sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trevor, i do wish you would learn how to use the quote button, it is impossible to work out what is you speaking sometimes and furthermore to then quote that
    “be just and fear not”

Comment

• [QUOTE=Rubyretro;275440]

Nope. I bet that it would spark off a whole new interest. Speculation is only one avenue. Proving who the Ripper really was would open a different and new avenue.

We agree then ! However, it is incredible how many people disagree with us.

Your whole argument is stupid here.

No because the document hasn't been marketed to reach the widest amount of people - why ? You could get Ryan Gosling to play DSS and there would be an audience. There isn't one because no one has heard of the argument. They haven't because it is one more red herring, drowned, amongst many.

If it held any truth then it could be sold as such -it isn't being pushed as truth because it is fake.

They would have to pay a percentage of the Sales. The Sales would be much more if it were authenticated though....

Sez you. The logic is to get as much money as possible by subjecting it to authentication, publicity, and competition in an auction. The percentage paid for fees would be commensurate with the price paid by the highest bidder.

The price for test would be paid before the sale though...
      “be just and fear not”

Comment

• Originally posted by Ally View Post
        You are so full of crap. I have been questioning the Marginalia since long before you raised your serpentine head on the Ripper scene. And I don't want you involved because I believe that any project that has you involved is automatically tainted by your presence as it has been shown you don't have a passing acquaintance with academic ethics and professional integrity.

I actually want an honest debate with unimpeachable proof and you are not, in my opinion, the man to bring that about. You have plagiarized the works of dozens of other authors. That will forever taint any project you are involved in, especially as you don't seem to have grasped the gravity of what you have done and have not apologized for it or even seemed to indicate you recognize it was wrong.

I want the debate. I want the dialogue. I have offered to have Nevil on a podcast to thrash it out. I have offered to have a full blown discussion. I have attempted to raise doubts where I find them, but I do it in as forthright manner as possible, without attempting to needlessly smear the efforts of everyone who has gone before me. You should try that sometimes.
        You are another one like Chris you are wearing blinkers with regards to this topic. The two defining words are prove or disprove, words which you cannot comprehend.

Nevil inherited the book and some connecting letters. I do feel sorry for him because he is piggy in the middle in all of this. He acted in good faith in the first instance by agreeing to bring the book into the public domain and he did it not knowing fully the implications of that. He was wrongly advised.

What in my opinion should have happened is that the whole scenario should have been fully assessed and all the relevant tests carried out before it was made public. But no those who advised him thought they knew best and could not forsee what has now occurred.

Those that advised him have had two tests carried out on the marginalia and there still is a doubt that speaks volumes for the lack of foresight by his advisers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
          You are another one like Chris you are wearing blinkers with regards to this topic. The two defining words are prove or disprove, words which you cannot comprehend.
          No I think I see fairly clearly. The one wearing blinkers would be you. YOu have failed in every aspect and avenue you have attempted and rather than taking a good long look at yourself and wondering why that is, you continue to blame others for your own shortcomings.

Nevil inherited the book and some connecting letters. .... He was wrongly advised.

What in my opinion should have happened is that the whole scenario should have been fully assessed and all the relevant tests carried out before it was made public. But no those who advised him thought they knew best and could not forsee what has now occurred.

Those that advised him have had two tests carried out on the marginalia and there still is a doubt that speaks volumes for the lack of foresight by his advisers.
          And once again where your blinkers come in is you seem to think that your word and your advice will be given more credibility than those who have advised him up to now. Whether they have advised him excellently or poorly, your advice will never be considered based on your wider reception within the community and the degree to which your contributions are viewed.

Let all Oz be agreed;
          I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

No I think I see fairly clearly. The one wearing blinkers would be you. YOu have failed in every aspect and avenue you have attempted and rather than taking a good long look at yourself and wondering why that is, you continue to blame others for your own shortcomings.

And once again where your blinkers come in is you seem to think that your word and your advice will be given more credibility than those who have advised him up to now. Whether they have advised him excellently or poorly, your advice will never be considered based on your wider reception within the community and the degree to which your contributions are viewed.
            I think I know more about these procedures and the implications than you or those who wrongly advised him. I have dealt with more cases involving the use of handwriting experts than you have had hot dinners.

My negative reception in the community is from those who fear the truth !

Comment

• [QUOTE=Jenni Shelden;275471]
              Originally posted by Rubyretro View Post

The price for test would be paid before the sale though
              But if the (important) annotations are genuine, then where is the risk ??
              http://youtu.be/GcBr3rosvNQ

Comment

• [QUOTE]E=Rubyretro;275475]But if the (important) annotations are genuine, then where is the risk ??
                Last edited by Rubyretro; 09-23-2013, 09:42 AM. Reason: doubled post !
                http://youtu.be/GcBr3rosvNQ

Comment

My negative reception in the community is from those who fear the truth !
                  No your negative reception in the community is from those who recognize the truth and recognize that you and your off-putting blowhard, egomaniacal manner would not recognize the truth if it hit you upside the head with a two by four.

I personally worship the truth to the exclusion of all other things, including compassion, friendship and politeness. And the truth is, you are the very last person on the planet equipped to find or recognize truth.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

• [QUOTE=Rubyretro;275476]
                    E=Rubyretro;275475]

Just because something is genuine doesn't mean you are going to find someone willing to pay tens of thousands of dollars for it. So the risk is that they spend a couple grand paying for tests, and in the end, still can't find a buyer and are now out of pocket for the tests. There are many works of art with much broader range of appeal that remain unsold, though they are unquestionably genuine.

That's the risk.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

Which "advisers" are you talking about? I suppose anything as straightforward as naming the names of the people you're criticising wouldn't be your style, would it?

Comment

So the risk is that they spend a couple grand paying for tests, and in the end, still can't find a buyer and are now out of pocket for the tests.
                        More to the point, what "tests" are people suggesting should be done, that haven't been done already?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris View Post
                          Which "advisers" are you talking about? I suppose anything as straightforward as naming the names of the people you're criticising wouldn't be your style, would it?
                          He really is kind of scaredy-cat when it comes to just you know, being forthright. He talks quite a bit about other people being afraid, but boy when it comes to being honest, he's worse than the Cowardly Lion in The Wizard of Oz.

More to the point, what "tests" are people suggesting should be done, that haven't been done already?
                          I have no idea. Just sometimes I like to take a seat at the Mad Hatter's tea party and sip the whacko juice with the other inhabitants of Wonderland.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

• [QUOTE=Rubyretro;275475]
                            Originally posted by Jenni Shelden View Post

Hi Ruby,
                            its not a risk, its about how you would afford to pay for some tests without having the money from the sale

Jenni
                            “be just and fear not”

Comment

I think you should choose your words more carefully !

And i think you should learn the difference between and innuendo and what is fact.

Its well known that you have a close relationship with the Swanson family as do some other researchers and were giving the family advice from the outset.

That in my opinion was clearly bad advice and as a result it is The Swanson family that are now left holding something that is of little value as it stands.

Perhaps The Swanson family will now listen to others who are more knowledgeable than those previous who advised them.
                              Dear Trevor,
                              back up your claims with facts.
                              What is this supposed close relationship Chris has with the Swanson family. How is it well known?
                              In what capacity is he their adviser.

Show your evidence, or read the points raised by Chris and answer them

JEnni
                              “be just and fear not”

Comment

• Originally posted by Lechmere View Post

Jenni
                                I am not going to break a confidence by saying how I know..
                                So lets get this straight, the person is not happy for you to mention this.

Yet you say it in public, without mentioning their name, but in a way that it would be obvious to the Swanson's who it is.
                                Im sure they are thanking you hugely.

Jenni
                                “be just and fear not”

Comment

Working...
                                X