Northern Ireland deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern Ireland deal

Speaking at a Coca-Cola factory in Lisburn, he (Sunak) said: “If we get this right, if we get this framework implemented, we get the executive back up and running, Northern Ireland is in the unbelievably special position, the unique position in the entire world in having privileged access not just to the UK home market, which is the fifth biggest in the world, but also the European Union single market.

“Nobody else has that. No one – only you guys only here. And that is the prize. I can tell you, when I go around the world and talk to businesses, they say: ‘That’s interesting.’ Nowhere else does that exist. It’s like the world’s most exciting economic zone.”

In an interview with BBC Radio 4’s Today programme on Tuesday, Sunak made a similar point, saying Northern Ireland now had “this very special position where it has access to the UK market, has access to the EU market, which makes it an incredibly attractive place to invest for businesses”.

So was that not the case for the whole of the UK before this Brexit fiasco started?

Indeed. It's quite Orwellian. Take away what people had, then return a poorer version later and act like it's an amazing improvement. Can't wait to receive my three blocks of chocolate ration.
    Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

I don't think Rishi appreciated the bleedin' obvious implication of his words, because he was like an overgrown schoolboy, too busy congratulating himself on pulling off something that Boris couldn't. I was still giggling like a schoolgirl when Downing Street nearly went into meltdown, quickly issuing a badly worded statement that utterly failed to disguise the horror at what he had just said.

"So we followed my childhood Brexit dream in 2016 and set fire to houses and businesses across our green and pleasant land, but I've almost doused the flames in a tiny part of it where most of you will never live."

Great.

Love,

Caz
      X
      "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Working...
      X