Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Archaic View Post
    Hi Robert & Lynn.

Don doesn't have the flu, he has an Upper Respiratory Infection & UTI but his insurance has already sent him back to Fairview, mainly because it's cheaper than the hospital.

Unfortunately that's always been how health insurance works in America.

I'm really not clear if the Upper Respiratory Tract infection was the cause of his severe repeated vomiting. Hopefully it's under control now and the IV drips helped rehydrate him.

If any of you can grab a postcard to send Don he'd appreciate it very much. Please don't think it has to be spectacular or show one of the 7 Wonders of the World; anything is interesting after a couple of years in a nursing home.

Thank you,
    Archaic
    G'day Bunny

Well I think that's good news, I certainly hope it is.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Hi Bunny

Well, I'm guessing that repeated coughing could set up a kind of involuntary chest upheaval that could produce vomiting, but I'm not sure. I will send him a postcard.

Comment

• ***Bad News - Don Had Another Stroke***

I just found out Don had another stroke and was rushed to the hospital.

Will post more news as soon as i receive it.

Please everybody, stop a moment and send positive thoughts / say a prayer for our friend Don. He's suffered so much.

Please especially pray that whatever the effect of the stroke on his body, that it doesn't diminish his mental abilities. His brilliant mind is just about all he has left.

Thank you
        Bunny

Comment

• I don't know what to say. Come on Don!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Archaic View Post
            I just found out Don had another stroke and was rushed to the hospital.

Will post more news as soon as i receive it.

Please everybody, stop a moment and send positive thoughts / say a prayer for our friend Don. He's suffered so much.

Please especially pray that whatever the effect of the stroke on his body, that it doesn't diminish his mental abilities. His brilliant mind is just about all he has left.

Thank you
            Bunny
            My thoughts and prayers are with him. Come on Don Fight.
            G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Thank you much, Bunny.
              Best Wishes,
              Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

• C'mon Don...

Dave

Comment

• Keep going, Don. We've not met but I'm rooting for you, as I'm sure is everybody who's ever posted on this forum.
                  I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

• Possible Good News

Hi guys. There's been some encouraging news, but it isn't for sure yet.

There's a chance that Don's collapse was caused by his Diabetes rather than a stroke, as the hospital discovered he had dangerously low blood sugar. (They monitor it frequently at Fairview, but apparently it can plunge.)

That's actually how Don ended up in the hospital & nursing facility in the first place over 2 years ago; his Diabetes was so out of control he almost died. Diabetes is bad, but a stroke is even worse, so I'm praying it was the diabetes and not another stroke.

Don has been able to speak, so that's a very hopeful sign. Language, both verbal and written, is such a huge part of Don's identity.

I asked Don's sister to tell him all his friends at Casebook are pulling for him. She asked me to thank everyone for their positive thoughts & prayers.

Bunny

Comment

• Sending positive thoughts to Don. I am so sorry to hear about this setback.

Let all Oz be agreed;
                      I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

• Thanks for that, Bunny. Here's hoping for the diabetes explanation, better than another stroke.

Comment

• My father was admitted to hospital recently, so this is close to home. Sending good vibes to Don and his loved ones.

Comment

• I hope your dad comes through OK, Harry.

Comment

• Hop all is well with your dad Harry.
                              G U T

Comment

• Archaic

Hopoe you are holding up OK, you too have been in my thoughts and prayers.
                                G U T

Comment

Working...
                                X