Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Don's Gall Bladder Surgey

Hi guys. Just talked to Don's sister.

Don's gall bladder surgery is set for [B]June 12[B] provided his cardiologist signs off on it.

Cannot believe how long this whole process has taken!

The good news is that Don's diabetes and tendency to form blood clots seem to be under control.

Will post again when I know more, but now's a good time to get your humorous "So, I Heard You Had A Little Operation..." and "Get Well Soon!" cards ready to pop in the mail.

Thanks everyone,
    Archaic

Comment

• I hope he got my parcel and that it cheered him up a bit. The whole Gallbladder thing is a real downer.Has he got stones as well?

Comment

• thanks

Hello Bunny. Thanks for the update.

Cheers.
        LC

Comment

• Hi Lynn.

Belinda, I'll try to ask if Don got your package. Apparently Don's brother is sick with some kind of infection so hasn't been able to visit.

Now here's some weird news: Don's tablet showed up - the one he got for Christmas that disappeared months ago. Don's sister said, "The staff was using it". I asked if they had lodged a formal complaint with the supervisor, and that's why it was returned. She replied "The supervisor is the one who had Don's tablet in her desk."

Apparently Don's brother was very angry and let them all know it.

Now Don's phone charger has gone missing, so perhaps that was "borrowed" too? It's so awful to deprive Don of the things he needs to be able to communicate with his friends. It's also an unnecessary stress on his family, who have enough to worry about.

I'll report back when I find out what the cardiologist says about the proposed gall bladder surgery. Seems like everything moves slow as molasses in that facility.

Bunny
          Last edited by Archaic; 06-06-2014, 03:58 PM.

Comment

• G'day Bunny

What pieces of S4!t stealing a sick man's stuff.
            G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Bunny, tell Don it would be quicker to get JTR in to remove the gall stones. Might even leave a gall stone street graffito.

Comment

• That's really terrible about the Tablet. You really can't trust people in those places.
                Sorry to hear Dons brother hasn't been well. Don must miss him when he can't visit

Gall stone street grafitto

Comment

• Gall Stone Street Graffito

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                  Bunny, tell Don it would be quicker to get JTR in to remove the gall stones. Might even leave a gall stone street graffito.
                  Gall Stone Street Graffito... Robert, you win the internet!

Talk about an inside joke- we can use your bon mot like a super-secret handshake. Anyone who doesn't get it is clearly a poser trying to infiltrate Ripperology for nefarious purposes.

Hmm... I'd kind of like a t-shirt that says 'Gall Stone Street Grafitto', just to confuse people.

I'll mail Don a card with your joke on it tomorrow & say it's from you. That way he'll be sure to get it around the time of his surgery on June 12.

I would love to see a video of Don laughing when he receives the card, then immediately trying your joke on on his doctors and nursing staff!

Gosh, Robert, I believe you may have just created a new genre of Get Well card. Has the serial-killer theme been tried before?

That's what you should do for a living, you know. Not be a serial killer; just create a new line of "alternative" greeting cards for thinking people.

Cheers,
                  Bunny

Comment

• Hi Bunny

I hope it makes Don smile.

Ask him if he's dug the tunnel yet. He should know what I mean.

Comment

• You missed your calling as an impromptu standup comedian, Robert... Or did you?
                      Best Wishes,
                      Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

• Ah, no, sitting down is better. Smaller target for the rotten fruit.

Comment

• Henceforth my Gallbladder scars shall be known as the Gallstone Street Graffitto

Comment

• Gall Bladder Surgery Scheduled 6/12/14 & New Eyeglasses!

Hi guys,

Don's surgery is on for sure: Thursday, June 12, early a.m. EST.

Don will go in ambulance from care facility to hospital.

Just got a great photo from is sister. Don's old physical therapist stopped by to see him, and took pic of Don IN HIS NEW GLASSES! Yay!!

He looks really good. Looks like he's regained some weight and can actually SEE properly with his eyeglasses. Finely his insurance got something got done in a timely manner, the new eyeglasses!
                            This photo has made Don's sister & I so happy, I wanted to share it with you right away.

Apparently Don's brother plans to bring his big old computer to Don after he recovers from surgery, but I'll call him and see if our idea for an ugly used laptop with high-visibilty external keyboard & locking cable will be better.

Obviously one of you guys sent Don the Union Jack cap... Who was it?

Wonder if they sell Union Jack sweatshirts on Ebay? Or maybe Jack the Ripper or London Dungeon or Tower of London? I expect he’s a L or XL but will ask.

Hopefully we’ll get Don back online as soon as he recovers from the gallbladder surgery. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

I sent Don a card with Robert's "Gallstone Street" joke and also sent a message via his sister that all his friends are sending him our love and best wishes.

Thanks everyone,
                            Bunny
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Wow

Glad to see he's looking so much better!

There's a card in the post from me too...

All the best

Dave

Comment

• That's an Aussie Flag cap!!!! I sent it with a couple of little trinketts. Great to see him wearing it!

I am starting The Gallstone Street Graffitto Club for those of us who bear that particular marking.Tell Don he'll soon be a member!

Comment

Working...
                                X