Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Santos or whoever he is.

Breathtaking.
    ‘Nobody even knows who this guy is,’ critics say, but he was still awarded with House panel assignments – showing the party ‘stands for nothing’

How can you tell when a politician is lying...

Comment

Originally posted by mpriestnall View Post
      How can you tell when a politician is lying...
      His mouth is open and he's talking.

Actually, I think some politicians are honest, but many are like the majority of us and "fudge" things a bit.

Donald Trump is a master liar. George Santos seems to want to follow in his footsteps, but is bad at it. Plus, he's encountering pushback from some of the people who elected him.

Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
      ---------------
      Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
      ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post

His mouth is open and he's talking.

Actually, I think some politicians are honest, but many are like the majority of us and "fudge" things a bit.

Donald Trump is a master liar. George Santos seems to want to follow in his footsteps, but is bad at it. Plus, he's encountering pushback from some of the people who elected him.

This thread reminded me of the quote I like about Richard Nixon:

"Richard Nixon is a no good, lying b*stard. He can lie out of both sides of his mouth at the same time, and if he ever caught himself telling the truth, he'd lie just to keep his hand in."

Harry S Truman

Tricky Dicky's own quote about himself is quite amusing too: "I was not lying. I said things that later on seemed to be untrue.".

Spoken like a true politician.

Comment

Working...
        X