Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waitress Wears Hair in Pigtails to Get Better Tips from Men but Finds It Disturbing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waitress Wears Hair in Pigtails to Get Better Tips from Men but Finds It Disturbing

c.d.

TBH I can't say that I'm surprised.

Am genuinely shocked by the $2.13 base rate though.

That's horrendous!

Comment

Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post
      TBH I can't say that I'm surprised.

Am genuinely shocked by the $2.13 base rate though.

That's horrendous!
      That's because wait staff get tips. Here in Washington, D.C. a referendum just passed requiring wait staff to be paid minimum wage along with their tips. But this will most likely severely hurt restaurants who are struggling post Covid and with people not eating out as nuch because of inflation. So now they will have to raise food prices to make up for this which will probably drive away customers and force restaurants to lay off staff. Moral of the story - be careful what you ask for because you might get it.

c.d.

Comment

This whole tipping thing is just weird if you ask me.
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

She is willing to wear her hair in pigtails to get tips, but f8nd it disturbing.
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Can't say I agree with the overall pedophilic vibe she's putting across, that older men tip higher when she's giving the appearance of an 'innocent schoolgirl' or 'doll'. Tipping wouldn't be influenced by her own conduct would it? In changing her appearance, she's making a conscious effort to gain more tips, but were to believe her overall demeanor is untouched? Literally just a hair change. Come off it. It's not exactly a scientific study is it?

And $2 an hour!? Because of tips? Thinking about it now though, countries with minimum wage requirements for hospitality workers don't have restaurants do they? Because the cost of staff means raising food prices so no one eats out? Maybe if she was paid an honest wage, she wouldn't have to debase herself for sleazy old men just to make ends meet.

​​​​​​
            Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Why bother with a new hair style? A strategically missed blouse button should do the trick. Yes, men are shallow.

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                This whole tipping thing is just weird if you ask me.
                I agree - pay staff properly and reflect that in prices charged to customers and don't expect tips on top - will still be about the same price as current cost plus tips for customers so don't see it stopping custom but wait staff maintain their dignity instead of relying on customer largesse.

Comment

Working...
                X