I know this has been posted before...but,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know this has been posted before...but,

I can't find the &%^#* thread that lists JTR books people should have.
    Sorry to bring this up, I really will copy the list and reverse tattoo it on my forehead!

Socrates, in prison, "I drank WHAT?"

Originally posted by crberger View Post
    I can't find the &%^#* thread that lists JTR books people should have.
    Sorry to bring this up, I really will copy the list and reverse tattoo it on my forehead!

Socrates, in prison, "I drank WHAT?"
    This?

Comment

Not quite...

Someone had asked about essential books as opposed to rubbish-I personally am waiting for the alien experimentation theory to show up!

Comment

Are any books really necessary when there is so much free content on Casebook? The only Ripper book I ever bought was CSI: Whitechapel, because it had something that casebook doesn't have: original renderings of the crime scenes.

(The most important thing I learned from that book is that Victorian Whitechapel was dark at night! Especially the Tabram and Stride murder scenes. One day we should have a thread on how realistic the renderings in that book are - the Nichols and Eddowes murder scenes seem more well lit than I would have assumed)

Comment

Sometimes I want a book in hand,

particularly for what I plan on doing with mapping. And sometimes I end up in places where I can't carry a laptop.

Comment

You need one book and one book only "the complete history of jack the ripper" by Philip sugden trust me I have lots of books on the subject and this is the one .Stewart p Evans has a source book available as well which is really usefull
            Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

If anyone wants to go and tour the crime scenes, you need two books- "The London of Jack the Ripper- Then and Now" by Robert Clack and Phillip Hutchinson, and "Uncovering Jack the Ripper's London" by Richard Jones and Sean East (especially the excellent street map on page 9 of the latter).

Comment

light

Hello Damaso.

"the . . . Eddowes murder scene seems more well lit than I would have assumed"

Well, Sequiera said there was enough light without any addition.

Cheers.
                LC

Comment

Originally posted by crberger View Post
                  Someone had asked about essential books as opposed to rubbish-I personally am waiting for the alien experimentation theory to show up!
                  I've been waiting years for someone to put the elephant man into the frame it's not happend yet but there's always time.The sad thing is though I would probably buy the book as would thousands of others
                  Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

The more I think it over it probably was the elephant man.He lived in area at a hospital so would have medical knowledge.He wore a mask in public he lived alone and when he took his mask of the women were so scared they fainted .Right I'm of to right a book I'm rich!!!!!!!!

Comment

"And there is no new thing under the sun."

Hello Jason. The wait is over.

Cheers.
                      LC

Comment

My idea has been stolen I'm ruined I will have to think up another implausable suspect.Hang on wasn't there a travelling wild west show with real Indians in the east end at the time

Comment

Right lynn my dear after detailed research(I spent 30 seconds on wikipedia) I have just discoverd that William Cody or as he is better known buffalo bill bought his travelling wild west show to London.He was here in 1887 for three months so it's obvious that some of the plains Indians ran away and set up a secret camp in Whitechapel .The wild west show returned in 1889 so the Indians rejoined and left Whitechapel.......my book comes out as soon as I can find a publisher who is more deluded than me

Comment

implausible suspects

Hello Jason. Thanks.

"I will have to think up another implausible suspect."

Just as you wish. Permit me to recommend Monty Druitt and Aaron Kosminski. (heh-heh)

Cheers.
                            LC

Comment

Pinkmoon, One better...

The elephant man was an alien as part of a team that included other aliens disguised as Indians and they were all here to observe human beings; unfortunately, primitive working conditions got in the way and he had to improvise while conducting experiments.
                              Determining that there was no intelligent life on this planet they left. copyright 2013. PHBBT
                              I am REALLY going to be rich, or a co-author and merely disgustingly wealthy!
                              Last edited by crberger; 08-22-2013, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X