Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hello ladies and gents,
    Just wanted to briefly introduce myself to you all today. It is finally my utter distinct pleasure to now get involved here, in a case that has been something of an 'unhealthy interest' to be since I was a young boy. My passion for the Whitechapel Murders and their shroudedness in mystery has only deepened as the years have come and gone.

I sincerely look forward to joining you in the many various thread discussions, sharing theories, hot debates and even perhaps dabble in the occasional bit of wild speculation. All within good reason and balance, naturally.

Although I'm fresh to the boards in terms of posting privileges, I've been an avid reader/watcher of goings on for quite some years now. I felt now was the correct time to become further involved and step out of the darkness.

Not forgetting, a huge congratulations to Stephen P. Ryder and team for his/their sterling work in starting and sustaining such a rich and valuable online resource. Well done indeed.

Great to be onboard!

All the very best,

Thomas
    aka
    El White Chap
    Last edited by El White Chap; 08-19-2013, 12:01 PM.

Welcome aboard Thomas.

I'm not participating in the JtR discussions right now, but I do hope you enjoy Casebook as much as I have.

Regards,

Phil

Comment

Hello Phil and many thanks for your welcome.
      I've read a lot of your posts over the years and taken much learning and value from them. I'm also aware that you're not participating in JTR related discussions, as I followed your last thread about re-reading JTR literature and viewed the rather sour direction in which it sailed. A pity that you won't be actively posting during this time as I had looked forward to connecting with you as I do with the others, it would be wise not to let others influence/offend you from your involvement here. I've seen for myself there can be a lot of hot air and big egos bouncing around, that said, it won't and hasn't put me off, no matter how little I might know on the subject of the Whitechapel Murders.

Comment

welcome

Hello Thomas. Welcome.

Ah, no more EWC.

Cheers.
        LC

Comment

Welcome aboard, Thomas.

It gets testy at times, but by and large we still all learn from each other's contributions -- even if it is an opposing opinion. Its good to be tested; it hones one's skills, enhances interest and often times encourages you to seek new avenues of research.

As far as 'unhealthy interest' go... I reckon I've had a lot of 'em over time and remain generally healthy anyway. Many times I've told somebody to hold my beer while I show 'em something.
          Best Wishes,
          Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

Hello Lynn and thanks for second welcome. Ahh I was enjoying being called EWC, as long as you don't mind, you can still employ it. It has a nice ring to it.

Hello Hunter, I'm not one to be deterred by challenge. No matter how much adversity in opinion I meet. On the contrary, I quite encourage it.

As for beer...I normally down my beer before showing 'em something.

Comment

Working...
            X