Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Texas Schools May Call Slavery "Involuntary Relocation"

c.d.

"The board is considering curriculum changes one year after Texas passed a law to eliminate topics from schools that make students “feel discomfort.”".

FFS, when will these people grow up and become adults?

The UK is as guilty as any country of the disgusting industrialisation of slavery and the fact we banned it first is of little credit to us given the terrible damage we had done by that point.

But don't try to wish-it-away with rhetoric. Own the past. Learn form the past. Don't reinterpret the past 'cos your kids might feel discomfort. Feeling discomfort is exactly what they should feel!
    Iconoclast
    Materials: HistoryvsMaybrick – Dropbox

Comment

When I saw the words 'involuntary relocation' my mind went instantly to the refugees who arrive in the UK only to find Priti Patel waiting impatiently to relocate them involuntarily to Rwanda.

I suppose it could be worse. She could be using them instead as free labour, to pick all the fruit and veg left to rot in our fields, because so many workers returned voluntarily to the EU when Brexit 'took back control' and stopped freedom of movement for everyone.

Love,

Caz
      X
      "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Hmm I wonder will they be showing depictions of ‘involuntary relocations’ like this.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X