Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Governor Will Sign Bill Allowing Medical Providers to Deny Care Based on Beliefs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Governor Will Sign Bill Allowing Medical Providers to Deny Care Based on Beliefs

c.d.

I would love to see this Governor go the emergency room and be told "sorry, our beliefs don't allow us to treat bigoted, religious wack jobs. You'll have to go somewhere else."

c.d

Comment

It’s hard to believe that we’re in 2022 and someone could come up with this. Most religious people that I know would be appalled by this. I’m an atheist and I still keep finding myself amazed by how some people behave on the subject of religion.
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
        It’s hard to believe that we’re in 2022 and someone could come up with this. Most religious people that I know would be appalled by this. I’m an atheist and I still keep finding myself amazed by how some people behave on the subject of religion.
        It is but the tip of the iceberg, I'm afraid. Religious crazies are punch drunk with power.

c.d.

Comment

It appears so c.d. Surely there are people with more moderate, less fundamental, judgmental religious views who could speak up? I guess it’s a case of what occurs within Islam in many countries? To those fundamentalist believers any form of dissent, no matter how mild, is liable to shouts of ‘blasphemy!’
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

I don’t get why anyone would want someone forced to do something against their beliefs (refrain from doing something, yes) I am a barrister should I be forced to do Divorce work if Divorce is against my beliefs?

Why would someone want me too if that were the case. Surely it is better to give one the right to say “That conflicts with my standards” than force them to do, what well may become a pretty poor job.
            G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
              I don’t get why anyone would want someone forced to do something against their beliefs (refrain from doing something, yes) I am a barrister should I be forced to do Divorce work if Divorce is against my beliefs?

Why would someone want me too if that were the case. Surely it is better to give one the right to say “That conflicts with my standards” than force them to do, what well may become a pretty poor job.
              What if he or she says I’m only treating white people?

Comment

Originally posted by String View Post

What if he or she says I’m only treating white people?
                Fine.
                G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

And if they say, sorry, I don't treat barristers? Would you be fine with that as well?

c.d.

Comment

Barristers have ethics? Well I'll be...
                    Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post

That reminds me of the old joke -- Why to they bury attorneys ten feet under instead of the usual six?

Answer: Because down deep they are nice guys.

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post

And if they say, sorry, I don't treat barristers? Would you be fine with that as well?

c.d.
                        Yep, I’ve actually had it happen, went to another Dr.
                        G U T

Comment

Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post

Like most professions some follow the ethical rules, others ignore them.
                          G U T

Comment

Let me turn it around should a person in any minority group be forced to do work for a bigot who hates that group?
                            G U T

Comment

Let me turn it around should a person in any minority group be forced to do work for a bigot who hates that group?
                              Hello GUT,

Except that these are doctors that we are talking about. They take the Hippocratic Oath. I don't think that the provisions of this bill are quite what Hippocrates had in mind when he created the Oath.

c.d.

Comment

Working...
                              X