No announcement yet.

A Candidate For Idiot Of The Year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The amazing thing is that some people are quite willing to have procedures performed by non-qualified and non-licensed individuals rather than medical professionals. In some cases, the resulting look makes it seem like they got their next door neighbor to do it.

c.d.

Comment

They even buy crap off the net to inject into themselves in an attempt to look like some of those Bride Of Frankenstein types you see labelled as ‘celebrities.’ It beggars belief.
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Another candidate.

Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

It really is Ms D. They’re put under so much pressure and are bombarded with so many images these days. Looks are considered by many to be of paramount importance but intelligence, achievement or simply doing good things are seen as ‘boring.’ I’m happy to be called a grumpy old man on this subject but I think it’s one of the great tragedies of our time that only the vacuous are celebrated. Watching all these shows like TOWIE, The Real Housewives…..and Love Island is like seeing evolution come to a halt and then go into reverse.
          Indeed Herlock!

I find this modern deification of the asinine utterly depressing too.

The culture of fame for fame's sake has created an environment where there's no requirement for talent or intellect or wit, or charisma in our "celebrities".

That said, there are some really gifted young musicians, actors, writers and artists around who give me hope for the future, it's just that they're often drowned out by the inane mass media culture.

Bah! Humbug!

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
            Wow!

That's utterly bizarre!

He's totally going to get mounted by some huge mastiff if he wears that down the park!!

Risky unless that's the desired effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post

Wow!

That's utterly bizarre!

He's totally going to get mounted by some huge mastiff if he wears that down the park!!

Risky unless that's the desired effect.
              I hadn’t considered that. I don’t know if it says more about my detective skills or about your imagination MS D.
              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Working...
              X