You think you have trouble storing all those books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You think you have trouble storing all those books

What do you do when your collection of millions of books keeps growing but your bookshelves don't?

Makes my book storage issues look a bit on the feeble side.
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

I used to work at The Library of Congress, the largest library in the world. Now that is a place with some books!

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
        I used to work at The Library of Congress, the largest library in the world. Now that is a place with some books!

c.d.
        I worked there many years ago back before they were concerned about security issues. There were a whole bunch of crazy people who hung out there. There was a woman known as "The Bride of Christ" who always wore a full length white wedding gown and veil. I had only been there a few days when a friend of mine who worked there told me he had seen her. My response was "yeah, right. c'mon." A few days later I saw her wandering in the halls. She looked like Miss Havisham in "Great Expectations." Just incredibly bizarre. Now all those people have been kicked out and access is restricted to those with passes.

c.d.

Comment

The British Library stock at Boston Spa holds copies of many out of print books and if your local library does not have a copy of the book you require they can often order a lending copy from this stock.

Comment

Working...
          X