X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shane Warne

What a bowler!

Ball of the 20th century by the great bowler Shane Waren

I couldn’t believe it when my brother told me about this a couple of hours ago. He then texted me to tell me that Rod Marsh had died too. Two great Aussie cricket legends.
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

And Rod Marsh just a day earlier.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Literally a shocker. R.I.P. .

Comment

Shocked and saddened about warnie and iron gloves ,i grew up watching them both at the MCG on many occasions .

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
            And Rod Marsh just a day earlier.
            Who could forget the 1971 dismissal from a debutante bowler that was the start of the legend of "caught Marsh, bowled Lillee". Or his knock of 92 in England in 1972.

R.I.P.
            It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. It shall be life. - Ten Bears

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. - Bladerunner

​Disagreeing doesn't have to be disagreeable - Jeff Hamm

Comment

Originally posted by GBinOz View Post

Who could forget the 1971 dismissal from a debutante bowler that was the start of the legend of "caught Marsh, bowled Lillee". Or his knock of 92 in England in 1972.

R.I.P.
              You know that the most successful female bowler of all time was Lilleen Marsh (Lilllie ‘n’ Marsh). sorry DKL actually told me that one. Probably early 90s.
              G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

R.I.P.
                I remember the occasional exasperated looks on his face when he’d almost been knocked over as he’d caught one of Thommo’s bullets. He must have had hands like rhino hide.
                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

I remember the occasional exasperated looks on his face when he’d almost been knocked over as he’d caught one of Thommo’s bullets. He must have, had hands like rhino hide.
                  I recall watching him repeatedly plead with Greg Chappell "don't do it mate" when Chappell ordered his brother Trevor to bowl underarm in the infamous NZ ODI in 1981, and wondering what Dennis Lillee may have suggested Chappell do with the ball had Chappell asked him to bowl underarm.

And can anyone forget the look of astonishment on Mick Gattings face when Warnie took his off stump from two feet outside leg with his first ball in Test cricket in England in 1993.

Cheers, George
                  Last edited by GBinOz; 03-05-2022, 12:18 PM.
                  It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. It shall be life. - Ten Bears

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. - Bladerunner

​Disagreeing doesn't have to be disagreeable - Jeff Hamm

Comment

Very sad great character and bowler!

Comment

I recall watching him repeatedly plead with Greg Chappell "don't do it mate" when Chappell ordered his brother Trevor to bowl underarm in the infamous NZ ODI in 1981, and wondering what Dennis Lillee may have suggested Chappell do with the ball had Chappell asked him to bowl underarm.

And can anyone forget the look of astonishment on Mick Gattings face when Warnie took his off stump from two feet outside leg with his first ball in Test cricket in England in 1993.

Cheers, George
                      I remember the underarm incident well George. No one played harder to win than Marsh but he knew that it wasn’t on. Not the Chappell’s finest hour. Great players though. I bet Warne wished that he was on commission for every time the Gatting ball was shown on tv.

I was reminded of one of Marsh’s most famous sledging lines:

'so how's your wife and my kids'

Two of the all time greats.
                      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

State Funeral for him. Strewth!

Comment

Working...
                        X