RIP Barry Cryer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Barry Cryer

Sad to hear the passing of Barry Cryer. Loved to listen to him on "I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue" with Humph et al.

He was always funny.

Comment

Sad news. A very talented man.
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Oh yeah, he was a one off.

Here we have Humphrey Lyttleton regaling us with the adventures, and misadventures, of the wonderfully tactile Samantha.

I doubt if you get get away with it now.

Samantha first appeared on 18 May 1985. However, it wasn't until 1993 that she started becoming the butt of increasingly risque jokes... Here is a compilatio...

Comment

Very sad was very talented and a lovely guy!!

Comment

Originally posted by Christian View Post
            Very sad was very talented and a lovely guy!!
            He did come across as a very likable person. And with a 7 decade career he must have been doing something right!

Comment

He was probably the last of a breed of comedy writers, like Eric Sykes and Denis Norden who wrote for so many people. I can’t think of any of that generation who are still around?
              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                He was probably the last of a breed of comedy writers, like Eric Sykes and Denis Norden who wrote for so many people. I can’t think of any of that generation who are still around?
                Me either - he was one of the greats. The link below is to one of his last interviews (last Autumn) and he reminisces on a lot of the people he worked with.

Check out our website and become a badger for extra content http://bit.ly/rhlstpweb​​​See details of the RHLSTP tour dates http://bit.ly/RHLSTPgigs​​​Buy DVD...

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                  Your post reminded me of Barry Took. Scarily died way back in 2002!

Comment

Originally posted by mpriestnall View Post

He did come across as a very likable person. And with a 7 decade career he must have been doing something right!
                    Absolutely sir!! Legend

Comment

Working...
                    X