Humbug!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humbug!

Wishing a Happy and safe Christmas to all on Casebook.

Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Thank you Herlock. Wishing you and all the other inmates of the Casebook a merry Christmas and compliments of the season also.
    Why a four-year-old child could understand this report! Run out and find me a four-year-old child, I can't make head or tail of it.

Comment

Happy Christmas to you too Herlock, and to all in Ripper-land.

Stay safe, and here's to a better year in 2022.

Comment

Very happy Holidays to everyone on Casebook! I have been indulging myself with chocolate candies, as I'm not a drinker of alcohol. ( I actually don't like the taste of most of it, sorry folks. Except possibly for Bailey's Irish Cream in hot cocoa...yum!)
        Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
        ---------------
        Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
        ---------------

Comment

Merry Christmas everybody

May your chosen fowl ripen with abundant meats this winter.
          For my vegan friends…
          May the harvest of your shrub be bountiful in its earthy expression.

Have a happy & safe one

Comment

Best wishes to Herlock and all the casebook gang.

This year's christmas number one in the UK, just for jolly

The official video for Ed Sheeran & Elton John - Merry ChristmasStream or download "Merry Christmas" here: https://es.lnk.to/Merry-ChristmasTaken from the al...

Comment

Humbug may be right, between Covid & Climate Change Christmas could be rubbish again for the kiddies.
              Now they want to close stores down early & limit the number of customers, while outside when we should be knee-deep in snow, there's only a dusting on the grass & nothing on the sidewalks & roads. On top of that it's supposed to rain Christmas eve.
              Anyhow, have a Merry Christmas everybody, and as my Da' used to say....

May the best of us get what we need, and the rest get what we deserve.
              Happy Holidays.

Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Merry Christmas everyone!
                Attached Files

Comment

Merry Christmas one and all be safe and have fun

Comment

Happy Christmas, Herlock - and everyone else on the boards.
                    I hope you all have a happy and safe one!

Comment

Rejoice!

Today there is much festive jubilation in the Diddles household in relation to a perfectly executed sherry trifle!!

This is without precedent.

Past trifle fails have included my mistaking a glass jug for Pyrex which resulted in glass and jelly juice all over the kitchen, and an overestimation of how much sherry is required resulting in large brown puddles forming when the trifle was served (I secretly quite enjoyed that one, but it looked awful!!).

Usually I get bored and impatient when SLOWLY pouring the jelly mix over the sponge and fruit, resulting in the sponges slowly floating to the surface like a megalodon seeking it's unfortunate prey.

Todays attempt, for the first time ever is text book.

Next up, attempting not to burn the chestnut stuffing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post
                        Rejoice!

Today there is much festive jubilation in the Diddles household in relation to a perfectly executed sherry trifle!!

Past trifle fails have included my mistaking a glass jug for Pyrex which resulted in glass and jelly juice all over the kitchen, and an overestimation of how much sherry is required resulting in large brown puddles forming when the trifle was served (I secretly quite enjoyed that one, but it looked awful!!).

Usually I get bored and impatient when SLOWLY pouring the jelly mix over the sponge and fruit, resulting in the sponges slowly floating to the surface like a megalodon seeking it's unfortunate prey.

Congrats Ms D. Good luck with the stuffing.
                        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Happy holidays everyone!
                          Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post
                            Rejoice!

A woman's work is never done eh. Have a good 'un, Ms D.

Comment

Originally posted by Dickere View Post

A woman's work is never done eh. Have a good 'un, Ms D.
                              Ahhh! This woman's work is now officially done, and a gentleman's work (mixing the negronis!) is just beginning!

You have a lovely festive season too Dickere!

Comment

Working...
                              X