Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forced Vaxxers Caving to Mandates Now Scrambling to "Undo" Their Shots

c.d.

That is absolutely stupid. I am trying to find out where to get my booster shot, and finding it difficult as my local clinic said they are not always offering them. The offered me one in another city some miles away, but I turned it down due to no car. I was advised to check with the grocery stores and drug stores. My state is having a spike in newer cases, so it is a concern.

Hope I can get it soon. At least I already have my flu shot.
    Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
    ---------------
    Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
    ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
      That is absolutely stupid. I am trying to find out where to get my booster shot, and finding it difficult as my local clinic said they are not always offering them. The offered me one in another city some miles away, but I turned it down due to no car. I was advised to check with the grocery stores and drug stores. My state is having a spike in newer cases, so it is a concern.

Hope I can get it soon. At least I already have my flu shot.
      Sorry you are having trouble. Does a google search with your city name and covid booster locations not turn anything up?

c.d.

Comment

Hi Pcdunn,

I don't have a car either but since I live right in the heart of the city I can get around pretty well by walking or Metro. I have been using Uber of late as well and have been very happy with their service. Very dependable showing up right at the time you request. Nice clean cars and the drivers wear masks. The cost is pretty comparable to a taxi and the account is easy to set up. Check them out if you have not already done so. A good alternative when you need a ride somewhere.

c.d.

Comment

I would implore people not to be conned by the nonsense still being churned out about the vaccines being more harmful than the virus itself.

My brother was recently on oxygen and antibiotics in hospital, suffering from COVID pneumonia, having caught the virus despite previously being a fit and healthy 65 year old, who had been double jabbed and always wore his mask in public places and practised social distancing. He has no idea how he caught it. Sadly, he wasn't yet eligible for his booster, and was told this would most probably have protected him from infection. He is now recovering at his home in Essex, but it's a very slow process and we are hoping he won't be affected by long COVID.

If the cry babies would just stop being self-centred gits, and have all their jabs when they are offered - unless there are medical reasons why they can't - the world would become a safer place for the rest of us to move around in, instead of which we are heading blindly towards another lockdown. And this time Boris and his fellow unmasked tossers will have an excuse to blame all those who got the needle when asked to get the needle.

Love,

Caz
          X
          "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

These idiots are what guns were invented for.
            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
              That's a trifle extreme, Herlock. Just a trifle.

Boris Unmasked - sounds like the title of the next scandal expose.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulB View Post

That's a trifle extreme, Herlock. Just a trifle.

Boris Unmasked - sounds like the title of the next scandal expose.
                You’re probably right Paul. Do you know of any small islands going cheap? I’d plant the flag of Herlockia, stock up on food, drink, books and music and live out my days in blissful ignorance of the madness.
                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

You’re probably right Paul. Do you know of any small islands going cheap? I’d plant the flag of Herlockia, stock up on food, drink, books and music and live out my days in blissful ignorance of the madness.
                  I don't think you're alone in feeling that way, but make sure it's an island that won't be affected by the sea level rising!

Comment

Herlock, save your bullets: to a degree, it's Darwinian. Those refusing jabs are more likely to succomb to the virus, especially over the long run.

I have to say, Aristotle was completely wrong. Only in exceptional circumstances are humans actually rational. Do we need any further proof?
                    Author of Cold Case Jury books: Move To Murder (2nd Edition) (2021), The Shark Arm Mystery (2020), Poisoned at the Priory (2020), Move to Murder (2018), Death of an Actress (2018), The Green Bicycle Mystery (2017) - "Armchair detectives will be delighted" - Publishers Weekly. Author of Crime & Mystery Hour - short fictional crime stories. And for something completely different - I'm the co-founder of Wow-Vinyl - celebrating the Golden Years of the British Single (1977-85)

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post

Sorry you are having trouble. Does a google search with your city name and covid booster locations not turn anything up?

c.d.
                      Oh, thanks, it has worked out! My local supermarket is within walking distance, and I was able to schedule a Moderna booster shot next week at their website, after answering a short questionnaire.
                      I am sure I'll rest much easier after getting the shot.
                      ---------------
                      Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                      ---------------

Comment

C.d.,

I finally did set up an account on Uber and have tried them for two recent rides. I especially like how they count down the minutes to your pick-up right on your phone display. Very polite drivers and clean vehicles.

Superior to the taxis I've taken in the past.
                        ---------------
                        ---------------

Comment

Working...
                        X