Terrorist attack at Boston Marathon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrorist attack at Boston Marathon

Get the latest Boston news, weather and sports online, anytime. Stay in the know with Boston’s news leader – WCVB.

Thanks for the site Beowulf. It always happens out of the blue. Wish some group of survivors would turn around and attack the attackers the same way (sorry for my response, but I'm from New York City and clearly remember September 2001).

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Mayerling View Post
      Thanks for the site Beowulf. It always happens out of the blue. Wish some group of survivors would turn around and attack the attackers the same way (sorry for my response, but I'm from New York City and clearly remember September 2001).

Jeff
      I see you're in Flushing. Yes, 911. Unspeakable.

Of course no one knows yet who did this, foreign plot or individual but Boston PD is looking for the mailman who parked his truck on Boyleston Street. He has not returned to it and he is not among the casualties.2 more explosive devices found at Boston Marathon; being dismantled I just read the London Marathon is this weekend.
      Last edited by Beowulf; 04-15-2013, 08:32 PM. Reason: more

Comment

NYPost reporting they are a holding a suspect in Boston Hospital.

Police clear the bleachers after two explosions went off near the finish line of the 117th Boston Marathon. (Boston Globe via Getty Images) (AP)Police officers react to a second explosion at the fi…

Comment

So far, 2 deaths have been reported. I really hope that number doesn't get any higher.

Comment

"Authorities ID suspect as Saudi National..."
            Investigators have a suspect — a Saudi Arabian national — in the horrific Boston Marathon bombings, The Post has learned. Law enforcement sources said the 20-year-old suspect was under guard at an …

Course just because he's a suspect doesn't mean this is the guy, just a suspect.

Comment

Just seen report that there has also been an explosion at the JFK library...

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Scott View Post
                Just seen report that there has also been an explosion at the JFK library...
                For some reason now they're saying that was a fire in the JFK library. ?

Read this: Waco Seige was 4/19/93. Oklahoma City Bombing was 4/19/95. Columbine High School Shooting was 4/20/99. Boston Bombing was 4/15/2013.

Depressing that we can amass such facts, though.

Comment

Do these people think that the world will change to suit their needs simply because they kill a load of people at random?
                  I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

This is the most vivid, chaotic and frightening video so far of the Boston explosion, as it happened.

Watch the aftermath of the explosions that rocked Boylston Street during the 2013 Boston Marathon. Video by Steve SilvaSUBSCRIBE TO OUR CHANNEL FOR MORE VIDE...

One thing, they have said not just one guy could've set those bombs.

Comment

I know early reports have to be treated cautiously but networks now reporting a suspect is in custody in Boston Hospital and has been identified as a Saudi national...

Comment

It's frightening. Bewildering.

Comment

LA Times [on-line]—

A federal law enforcement official said authorities were questioning a Saudi national who was taken to a Boston hospital with injuries. The person was not identified as a suspect.
                          Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Originally posted by Beowulf View Post
                            Read this: Waco Seige was 4/19/93. Oklahoma City Bombing was 4/19/95. Columbine High School Shooting was 4/20/99. Boston Bombing was 4/15/2013.
                            The Oklahoma City bombing was, in fact, on the anniversary of the Waco siege
                            by design, and we have Timothy McVeigh's word on that, but that does not mean that any of the conspiracy theories McVeigh believed about the siege were true.

The attack today was because the Boston Marathon was today. That simple. Why the Columbine shooting was the day it was, I don't know, but supposedly the original plan was for bombs inside to require evacuation, and for the shooters to snipe people from the roof, so you can see why they'd wait for good weather.

Comment

"Counterterrorism officials found what they believe to be five additional, undetonated explosive devices around the Boston area, according to two people briefed on the rapidly moving investigation."

Comment

Working...
                              X