Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Anyone Keep an Emergency Kit/Bug Out Bag on Hand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Anyone Keep an Emergency Kit/Bug Out Bag on Hand?

Survival experts break down exactly what to carry in your emergency kit or bug out bag, prioritized by levels.

c.d.

Scott didn’t take that much to the Antarctic.
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Yeah, it is certainly very easy to go off the deep end with this stuff but I do think it makes a lot of sense to have some essential items on hand at all times. The question then becomes what is "essential."

c.d.

Comment

I used to be a backpacker back in the day, so I can sort of relate to this.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
          I used to be a backpacker back in the day, so I can sort of relate to this.
          Yes, me too. Definitely an extension of the backpacker be prepared mentality.

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
            Scott didn’t take that much to the Antarctic.
            Exactly. Look what happened to him

Comment

Originally posted by Kattrup View Post
              Yeah, it's not like a blow up doll has multiple uses.

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by Kattrup View Post
                He became a national hero.

Comment

Thats the 'Paranoid' survival kit,.... I don't even own a cell phone.
                  Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post

He became a national hero.
                    Yes, a dead national hero

Comment

Originally posted by Observer View Post

Yes, a dead national hero
                      Everyone dies.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

Thats the 'Paranoid' survival kit,.... I don't even own a cell phone.
                        I proudly made that same statement for many, many years. Circumstances forced me to get one and I absolutely love it now.

I think there are legitimate reasons to be paranoid and be prepared. Assuming that there is still limited cell phone service in the event of a disaster it enables you to get in touch with loved ones, hear reports where food and first aid stations have been set up, gives you maps, compass and first aid info., etc.

I think it is a worthwhile investment. It is possible to have one and not be a cell phone ***hole. Just my opinion.

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post

I proudly made that same statement for many, many years. Circumstances forced me to get one and I absolutely love it now.

I think there are legitimate reasons to be paranoid and be prepared. Assuming that there is still limited cell phone service in the event of a disaster it enables you to get in touch with loved ones, hear reports where food and first aid stations have been set up, gives you maps, compass and first aid info., etc.

I think it is a worthwhile investment. It is possible to have one and not be a cell phone ***hole. Just my opinion.

c.d.
                          Agreed. My cell phone is now my lifeline. Last year it provided a Hotspot so I could connect my workplace laptop and work from home.

Now that I'm retired and have no car, I can order groceries to be delivered via my phone. I can shop for most other things via the internet, do my bill paying and banking electronically, so on and so forth.

I don't take selfies, and only a few cat pictures. It's fine.
                          Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                          ---------------
                          Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                          ---------------

Comment

I live in a hurricane state, and I live one block from the ocean. I was also in a Category 5 Hurricane where my house got literally torn down around me and I had to crawl out barefoot through the rubble, and drive out through streets that were no longer there in car that had the roof of my house fall on it. Yes, I absolutely do keep a bugout bag in my house, and one in my car. But mine has practicalities, like spare clothes, shoes I can walk in, spare medications, etc. If the actual apocalypse comes, I'm good with dying. Who wants to live in a world without internet or air conditioning? I'm not a savage.

Let all Oz be agreed;
                            I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post

c.d.
                              Don't hang up on your rescuers because you think it's a scam call...

Comment

Working...
                              X