Trying to locate a 1960s/70s newspaper article on JtR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to locate a 1960s/70s newspaper article on JtR

Hi guys, maybe someone on the forum could help me out with this.

About a year and half ago, I came across some images of JtR's murder sites from a UK newspaper or magazine article. The article surrounded the question of whether or not Scotland Yard could catch JtR today. It was written in the 1960s or 1970s and featured photo mock-ups of detectives in loud polyester suits investigating the original crime scenes. Old Mitre Square was featured and it was in shambles, about to be torn down. I'm fairly certain it was from a British publication and pre-dated the 100 year anniversary of JtR by about 10 to 20 years.

Has anyone else come across this article? Where can I find it? It's driving me crazy that I can't locate it.

It wouldn't have been something in the Radio Times about the Barlow & Watt investigation, would it?
    I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

That's it! Good job Bridewell! Thanks so much.

Comment

You're welcome. Glad to have been of assistance!
        I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

I didn't realize that it was a TV series. Someone posted a few episodes of the six part series on veoh, but I don't know which episode featured the Mitre Square scenes

Did you ever watch the TV series?

Comment

If it's the Stratford Johns/Frank Windsor one, there's a copy on Ebay :

Comment

Working...
            X