Texas - The First Gestapo State.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas - The First Gestapo State.

Texas has decided to deputize the ordinary citizen to report anyone they hear of who is to have an abortion, or assist in providing an abortion. Abortion is now essentially outlawed in that state.

One hundred and sixty years ago southern states rebelled against the Federal government (U.S. Civil War) in what essentially became known as "the right to choose". Men across the southern states objected to the Federal government dictating their lives to the extent they would choose to go to war to uphold their rights, yet today, a hundred and sixty years later the men of Texas have decided to take away the right of a woman to choose.
    Only men can choose in Texas - women cannot.
    The Supreme Court has refused to get involved.
    Regards, Jon S.

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
    Texas has decided to deputize the ordinary citizen to report anyone they hear of who is to have an abortion, or assist in providing an abortion. Abortion is now essentially outlawed in that state.

One hundred and sixty years ago southern states rebelled against the Federal government (U.S. Civil War) in what essentially became known as "the right to choose". Men across the southern states objected to the Federal government dictating their lives to the extent they would choose to go to war to uphold their rights, yet today, a hundred and sixty years later the men of Texas have decided to take away the right of a woman to choose.
    Only men can choose in Texas - women cannot.
    The Supreme Court has refused to get involved.
    unbeleiveable. unacceptable. back to the middle ages I guess for texas. cmon SC-do your job!!

Comment

It's regressive and utterly depressing.

Comment

They've only outlawed it because the vaccines have sterilized us all.

Comment

But seriously, it's fascist to prevent people from killing something with a heartbeat instead of using contraception?

Also, I didn't see you kicking up a stink when New York passed the late-term abortion act. Now THAT is some dystopian stuff.

Comment

A friendly suggestion to everyone -- maybe we should just let this thread go. Abortion is a deeply personal issue. Everyone has a strongly held opinion that they think is right. No minds are going to be changed here and it is already starting to get ugly. It can only go downhill from here.

We have enough dissension and bad feelings already between Covid vaccines and cachous.

So why don't we all just step back? Just my opinion.

c.d.

Comment

Welcome to Texas twinned with Afghanistan.

Comment

Yeah the Supreme Court is bad on this one and also their decision on the "child service" case. I'm not sure but maybe this issue is left to the states. As much as just simple abortion without other factors is not advisable, surely individual rights covers everything inside your body so a woman makes and "owns" the baby and it's rights. Once it comes out only then the baby's constitutional rights apply. The SC should enforce this, it should be a federal issue.
                Clearly the first human laws (way older and already established) spawned organized religion's morality - from which it's writers only copied/stole,ex. you cannot kill,rob,steal (forced,it started civil society).
                M. Pacana

Comment

Hate to be butting in here and splitting hairs, but I'm fairly certain that the Third Reich was the first Gestapo state...

On the subject, I think these news is not even about abortion. In a federation, I would tend to think that the local states should have great leeway over how to shape their health care policy. You can argue about the pros and cons of legal abortion and the majority can come down on one side or another (whether that majority actually exists in the population is a different matter altogether) but I would not have thought that a western political party would attempt to get around a federal law by turning citizens into bounty hunters. It seems to have worked even though I don't get the legal mechanism here. Surely, too high a price to pay for your political objective, methinks.

#mytwocents

Comment

Working...
                  X