Lovely Photos of Mirror-Like Reflections Of Mtns In Water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lovely Photos of Mirror-Like Reflections Of Mtns In Water

I think you will enjoy these lovely photographs taken in the U.S. and Canada. The photographer captured some of the most perfect mirror-like reflections in water that I've ever seen.

I've been to most of the sites mentioned, and they really are exquisitely beautiful.
    Mount Rainer and Mount Adams are basically in my backyard, and are a joy to behold. (Both are volcanoes like Mount Saint Helens.) Mount Rainier is over 14,000 feet tall and towers over the skyline.

I'm attaching a couple of the pics; many more are in the link above. The first is in Banff, Canada; the second is Mount Rainier outside Seattle in the state of Washington, USA.

Best regards,
    Archaic
    Attached Files

Mount Adams, USA

This is the reflection of Mount Adams in Takhlakh Lake in the state of Washington, USA. It's between Mount Saint Helens & Mount Rainier. Takhlakh is a Native American word.

I went camping at Takhlakh Lake in the late 90's. It was a long drive through the forest via primitive logging roads.

I was walking around with my dog in the woods on the shoreline when I realized we were walking through a very deep, soft substance that wasn't pine needles...
    I suddenly realized it was volcanic ash from the 1980 eruption of Mount Saint Helens!

Best regards,
    Archaic
    Attached Files

Comment

Very nice and colourful.

Comment

Hi Rob.

I just realized that the best place to catch a Sasquatch is near perfectly still water like this, as he pauses to check his five o'clock shadow.

Archaic

Comment

I was going to say something like that bu didn't want to put my Big Foot in it.

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Clack View Post
            I was going to say something like that but didn't want to put my Big Foot in it.

Rob

Archaic
            Attached Files

Comment

Beautiful pictures!

Comment

Wow! Magnificent! We never get views like that in the UK - and especially not where I live on the Fens.

Absolutely beautiful!

Comment

Working...
                X