Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Errata View Post
    Someone asked me what the quintessential American Jewish experience was,
    How about going to a retail store a week after Hanukkah is over, getting wished "Merry Christmas," mumbling "I'm Jewish," and then getting wished "Oh, then, Happy Hanukkah."

Or having people ask you what you did over the weekend, and telling then about the wonderful Shabbes you had, who you spent it with, then friends or family you hadn't seen in a while, and getting blank stares.

Being told that you alienate people by talking about things they don't understand, or if you give more details that you bore than, or if you give fewer, then how will they ever learn if you don't help them? (like that's your responsibility), or if you don't say anything at all, that you are unfriendly.

Being told eating something kosher isn't going to kill you. Being told you can pick the pepperoni off the pizza, as though in 46 years, that never occurred to you.

Comment

I used to be a musician and played a ton of Bar Mitzvahs and Jewish weddings when I lived in New York. It was great fun. The Jewish songs lend themselves to skillful jazz chord substitutions in the right hands. (They did the changes, I was a drummer)

Roy
      Sink the Bismark

Comment

Working...
      X