No announcement yet.

When Will You Stop Wearing a Face Mask?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Will You Stop Wearing a Face Mask?

Here in the U.S. the Centers for Disease Control have lifted mask requirements (with exceptions) for people who are fully vaccinated. Things are beginning to gradually open up. Here in Washington, D.C. some of the Smithsonian museums are reopening. Timed passes are required as well as a mask when inside.

Even though I am fully vaccinated I plan on wearing my mask a little longer until more people are vaccinated. It will be a hard habit to break.

What do others intend to do?

c.d.

I'll be one of the last people to stop wearing it. Officials have made too many statements, only to reverse their decisions. It's all guesswork, so if this is a race, I'm quite satisfied to be among the last.
    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Hello Wick,

Yes, here in the U.S. there is still a lot of confusion over the wearing of masks. Things seem to be changing daily. The problem is that even if you are fully vaccinated you are still interacting with people who have not gotten the shots. No one really wants to implement a system where you have to provide proof of vaccination but then you are relying on the honor system which just isn't going to cut it. So we will see how it plays out.

c.d.

Comment

I'm in the UK but it's been 429 days since I last left the house and went outside. I'm probably going to wait a few more months until I feel it's safe.

Comment

I'm fully vaccinated, and past my period of waiting after the last shot, so when I went to work on Friday I went without a mask, yet carried one to wear on the light rail train and on my campus (both of which still have mask requirements).

Our state has also dropped mask requirements for outdoors and some indoor situations. BUT my county reported over 1800 new cases of COVID-19 last week, so....
          Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
          ---------------
          Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
          ---------------

Comment

The problem is that the scientists are not yet sure if fully vaccinated people can still transmit the virus to others. The available vaccines may all give good protection against severe illness and death, for those of us who have had our two jabs, but they don't give 100% protection against anyone becoming infectious and passing on the virus to those who are waiting for their jabs.

The only selfless thing to do is to carry on wearing face coverings for now, to protect the more vulnerable individuals we come into contact with.

It's not much to ask, is it?

Love,

Caz
            X
            "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

slightly different situation here in Holland (I have moved from London earlier this year). There is no mandate outdoors but there is a mandate for all indoor spaces which makes is easier to implement and enforce. there is no distinction between vaccinated and non-vaccinated people for any of these rules and it seems that none would be made in the future. Mask mandates and social distancing rules will be removed when the government that feels the virus no longer threatens to significantly impact Health Services or care or the "at risk" population. I also think this happens to make most sense. You just can not attach a legal status to a person's vaccination status.
              Last edited by Svensson; 05-17-2021, 11:41 AM.

Comment

I've become quite used to wearing mine!

Don't get me wrong, I will be delighted when it can finally be abandoned, but I'm 100% with Caz on this one.

It makes sense to err on the side of caution for the sake of other more vulnerable people.

In the overall scheme of things it's a miniscule sacrifice to make.

Comment

I've worn one most of my life because I'm so damn ugly.

Comment

Working...
                  X