Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pastor Blames Hurricane Sandy On Gays, Obama and Romney

c.d.

Well, I suppose the best way to view this man's views is that he has the right to express them and people have the right to read them and laugh their socks off.

I am a Christian. I believe that if two people are in a relationship together in mutual respect and love, if they support each other, care for each other, laugh together, cry together, pray together - whatever - God will bless them greatly. In my view, God doesn't mind whether they are a gay couple or straight couple.

What I think does make God sad (but sad, not angry enough to send a hurricane!) is people who beat each other, cheat on each other, show disprespect for each other and bring children into a distructive environment.

When it comes to sin, God wants us to pray. He wants us to pray for change. He wants us to pray for the people who struggle with life and cause misery to others.

One of my favourtie verses from the bible states:

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

In my view, wickedness does not reside in a loving relationship, it resides in destructive relationships.

Comment

Hello Julie,

You always have the most thoughtful and classy responses. You seem like such a nice person. You are one of my favorite people on these boards.

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
        Hello Julie,

You always have the most thoughtful and classy responses. You seem like such a nice person. You are one of my favorite people on these boards.

c.d.

Thank you so much c.d. It is so lovely of you to say so. I admire and respect you too. Bless you.

Comment

Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
          Well, I suppose the best way to view this man's views is that he has the right to express them and people have the right to read them and laugh their socks off.

I am a Christian. I believe that if two people are in a relationship together in mutual respect and love, if they support each other, care for each other, laugh together, cry together, pray together - whatever - God will bless them greatly. In my view, God doesn't mind whether they are a gay couple or straight couple.

What I think does make God sad (but sad, not angry enough to send a hurricane!) is people who beat each other, cheat on each other, show disprespect for each other and bring children into a distructive environment.

When it comes to sin, God wants us to pray. He wants us to pray for change. He wants us to pray for the people who struggle with life and cause misery to others.

One of my favorite verses from the bible states:

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

In my view, wickedness does not reside in a loving relationship, it resides in destructive relationships.
          - Amen to that!!

I'm with you, Julie.

Your pal,
          Archaic

Comment

Working...
          X