Jack the Ripper Museum in Whitechapel up for auction in a few days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack the Ripper Museum in Whitechapel up for auction in a few days

The neighbouring East End Women’s Museum felt the museum should never have opened in the first place

Find a wide range of offices for sale in Aldgate. Our great selection includes offices for sale from all leading Aldgate estate agents.

Ha! I remember reading about the controversy when that opened. It was supposed to represent the women heroines of Cable Street and Whitechapel, and then it was named after JtR. Pretty insulting. Half the information on display was wrong.
    Wonder what will become of it now?
    Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
    ---------------
    Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
    ---------------

Comment

I wonder if someone turn it into The John Reginald Halliday Christie Museum.
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

How many undersized apartments for over paid city workers can you fit into 6 floors?

Hype up the local culture and artisan foods, they'll be queueing up to pay £5000 month for a wardrobe with a toilet.

Back in my day, a bunch of unwashed middle class students would have taken over and turned it into a peace commune performance art free expression squat. At least while their gap years lasted.
        Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post
          How many undersized apartments for over paid city workers can you fit into 6 floors?

Hype up the local culture and artisan foods, they'll be queueing up to pay £5000 month for a wardrobe with a toilet.

Back in my day, a bunch of unwashed middle class students would have taken over and turned it into a peace commune performance art free expression squat. At least while their gap years lasted.
          Quality peace man

Comment

Working...
          X