Jack the Ripper Documentaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack the Ripper Documentaries

can someone recommend a good docuseries, movie, or documentary I can watch that goes into great depth on the Ripper case in general while not really pointing to one suspect or another?

Jack the Ripper- The Definitive Story.
    Made by Ripperologist Jeff Leahy. With Paul Begg, John Bennett, Neil Bell, Don Rumbelow, Richard Jones, Gareth Williams, Neal Shelden...

JM

Comment

Originally posted by jmenges View Post
      Made by Ripperologist Jeff Leahy. With Paul Begg, John Bennett, Neil Bell, Don Rumbelow, Richard Jones, Gareth Williams, Neal Shelden...

JM
      Watching this now on Magellan it's very informative. It takes its time and seems to work at accuracy

Comment

Originally posted by jmenges View Post

JM
        Great choice

Comment

Originally posted by Christian View Post

Great choice
          i love the recreated streets and even going so far as to reproduce the lighting and everything. There's a lot of little tid bits in there that you can watch this a few times and catch something new

Comment

anything that has "definitive story" or similar in the title just winds me up.... But there was a Channel5 documentary around 6 or 7 years ago what was just brilliant. I think it wa a two- or three-parter.

Edit: Jack the Ripper- The Definitive Story actually IS the channel5 documentary that I was thinking of (title still winds me up though....)
            Last edited by Svensson; 05-10-2021, 09:12 AM.

Comment

yeah i think is the best ive seen. although they lean heavily in favor of koz I think?

imho the problem with ripper docs-youd need at least five hours to cover the subject

Comment

Originally posted by clark2710 View Post

i love the recreated streets and even going so far as to reproduce the lighting and everything. There's a lot of little tid bits in there that you can watch this a few times and catch something new
                Definitely love that sort of stuff myself

Comment

Though much derided now - which is an understatement - this Australian produced (I think?) documentary on 'The Final Solution' featuring extensive interview with Stephen Knight is a classic piece of, if anything, rich Ripper-iana:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantomas View Post
                    Though much derided now - which is an understatement - this Australian produced (I think?) documentary on 'The Final Solution' featuring extensive interview with Stephen Knight is a classic piece of, if anything, rich Ripper-iana:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8os0wzzIgo0
                    The one from 1980? Have it on video has some cracking footage of Wentworth Dwellings!

Comment

Working...
                    X