Politically Correct Insanity And The Curse Of The Woke Cretins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Politically Correct Insanity And The Curse Of The Woke Cretins

Post your examples here. Evidence that humans are breeding with vegetables.

All I can say about this one is

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-racist.html

It makes you wish that you could just move to another planet
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Is it racist for a white boxer to knock out out a black boxer in an organised bout? Apparently so.

Is Morgan Freeman a sexual predator because he wishes to see Michael Caine squirm in awkwardness?

There are so many examples of the above where misunderstanding or out and out pure stupidity leads to an innocent party being the focus of online woke ‘activists’ trying to ruin a career.

This is not activism. It’s the Salem witch trials for the modern day. They were all suffering hallucinations from bacteria in the bread they were eating. Social media today is like the online equivalent. Most are simply seeing things that are not there.
    Last edited by erobitha; 04-11-2021, 06:22 AM.
    Author of 'Jack the Ripper: Threads' out now on Amazon > UK | USA | CA | AUS
    JayHartley.com

Comment

Checking through sky movie channels a few days ,I came across this very important warning re a film that I was thinking of recording.
      "This film has outdated attitudes, language and cultural depictions which may cause offence today."

The film was "Aliens".
      The world is going slowly mad

Comment

You couldn’t make them up.

For those of you on here with grandkids.....I pity the world that they’ll inherit. They’ll have to walk around with a ‘little red book’ of things that they can’t say or think.
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Agreed!

This is complete idiocy!

Erobitha's Salem witch trials is an excellent analogy.

What really concerns me however, is that this nonsense detracts from what are genuine, serious and pervasive issues.

As stated previously, I regard this kind of thing as merely a mild irritant.

I reserve my real ire for the actual bigots, racists, misogynists and homophobes etc, as opposed to the imagined ones.

TBH the Daily Mail LOVES a good "political correctness gone mad" story.

They love fanning the flames with this stuff.

I really won't have that rag in the house.

Not even to line my cats litter tray.

It's not even terribly absorbant!

Comment

Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post
            Agreed!

This is complete idiocy!

What really concerns me however, is that this nonsense detracts from what are genuine, serious and pervasive issues.

I reserve my real ire for the actual bigots, racists, misogynists and homophobes etc, as opposed to the imagined ones.

It’s going to be like ‘the boy who cried Wolf.’ The real examples of racism that need to be dealt with with get lost amid the blatantly false ones.
            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

It’s going to be like ‘the boy who cried Wolf.’ The real examples of racism that need to be dealt with with get lost amid the blatantly false ones.
              Indeed, Herlock!

There is a real risk that when one speaks out against actual prejudice and bigotry, it's not heard because of all this stupid background chatter.

As I have said previously, I don't see being "politically correct" or "woke" as a remotely bad thing.

I'm certainly on that side of the fence myself.

The problem is that those terms have now become seen as pejoratives, based on nonsense like the articles given in this thread (of which I agree there are far too many examples these days), spewed out and propagated by the likes of the Daily Mail.

To describe oneself as a proponent of political correctness seems to have become synonymous with being a humourless, histrionic, pedantic snowflake.

Actually at it's essence, it's really just about not being a d**k!

Comment

There are two separate issues here.

"political correctness" is a logical extension of acceptable conduct between humans. Sometimes I would.like to call Trump supporters "lunatic and fascist dumbasses" but due to political correctness, I should refer to them as "people who have simply been misguided" instead. It prevents me from burning bridges in my relations with other humans and allows me an off-ramp from my position if and when I need it. "Political correctness" is just one aspect of a civilised and functioning society.

"outrage merchants" elevate suitible stories, usually with a bit of distortion of facts or deliberate lack of context to wind up a particular target group in what they see as the the Great Culture War. The reason they do this is it gives them a purpose in life and they don't care about a healthy society as we know it. Let's not fall for all this sh!t and give them the validation they are so desperately seeking.

Peace

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	2940B41F-3255-4ACF-8DE0-FD19EC83318E.jpeg
Views:	382
Size:	225.3 KB
ID:	755468 J

Indeed, Herlock!

There is a real risk that when one speaks out against actual prejudice and bigotry, it's not heard because of all this stupid background chatter.

As I have said previously, I don't see being "politically correct" or "woke" as a remotely bad thing.

I'm certainly on that side of the fence myself.

The problem is that those terms have now become seen as pejoratives, based on nonsense like the articles given in this thread (of which I agree there are far too many examples these days), spewed out and propagated by the likes of the Daily Mail.

To describe oneself as a proponent of political correctness seems to have become synonymous with being a humourless, histrionic, pedantic snowflake.

Actually at it's essence, it's really just about not being a d**k!

So such behaviour shouldn’t be reported on? Why’s that?

I have to say, I find it amusing that so many who wouldn’t have the DM in their houses seem to know so much about its content.

Some time ago I noticed that the DM was frequently covered up by other papers in my local ASDA. I wasn’t a mail reader prior to that, but now I buy it as a matter of principle.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	2940B41F-3255-4ACF-8DE0-FD19EC83318E.jpeg
Views:	382
Size:	225.3 KB
ID:	755468 J

So such behaviour shouldn’t be reported on? Why’s that?

I have to say, I find it amusing that so many who wouldn’t have the DM in their houses seem to know so much about its content.

Some time ago I noticed that the DM was frequently covered up by other papers in my local ASDA. I wasn’t a mail reader prior to that, but now I buy it as a matter of principle.

Hi Mr B!

I think perhaps I didn't explain myself very well, so apologies for that.

I'm not saying that such stories shouldn't be reported on, merely that current perceptions of "political correctness" seem to be largely influenced by such articles.

I'm sure that most readers are smart enough to make up their own minds, but I simply wanted to highlight that I regard this stuff as mildly irritating and don't personally see the term "politically correct" as a negative.

You're quite right that I did sometimes used to look in on the DM.

I think it was a "know you're enemy" thing, but it started to feel too much like staring at a car crash for my tastes.

I grew up as a Guardian reader with Daily Mail consuming parents.

You started buying the DM because it had been purposefully hidden from view in your local supermarket.

I guess maybe we both like to judge for ourselves, and make up our own minds.

Comment

Hi Mr B!

I think perhaps I didn't explain myself very well, so apologies for that.

I'm not saying that such stories shouldn't be reported on, merely that current perceptions of "political correctness" seem to be largely influenced by such articles.

I'm sure that most readers are smart enough to make up their own minds, but I simply wanted to highlight that I regard this stuff as mildly irritating and don't personally see the term "politically correct" as a negative.

You're quite right that I did sometimes used to look in on the DM.

I think it was a "know you're enemy" thing, but it started to feel too much like staring at a car crash for my tastes.

I grew up as a Guardian reader with Daily Mail consuming parents.

You started buying the DM because it had been purposefully hidden from view in your local supermarket.

I guess maybe we both like to judge for ourselves, and make up our own minds.
                      Hi Ms Diddles

I agree with you totally. The 'silly' stories are there to undermine the voices calling out real racism and bigotry. It is a successful strategy which allows the real issues to be dismissed through pejorative language and the ridiculous idea that powerful people with a voice are somehow silenced. They are often in the papers and on tv and radio complaining how they have had their voice silenced (how ironic is that!). Those who really suffer of course have no platform or voice in the debate.

Comment

So the Daily Mail which ran a campaign to bring the killers of Steven Lawrence to justice runs ‘silly stories’ to undermine those calling out real racism?

Comment

Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post

So the Daily Mail which ran a campaign to bring the killers of Steven Lawrence to justice runs ‘silly stories’ to undermine those calling out real racism?
                          I wasn't referring to the daily mail specifically - but to the general way this issue has evolved to silence real issues of concern. But one or two exceptions does not make up for the deluge of negative stories that are reported.
                          Last edited by etenguy; 04-11-2021, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                            Post your examples here. Evidence that humans are breeding with vegetables.

All I can say about this one is

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-racist.html

It makes you wish that you could just move to another planet
                            major league baseball pulled the all star game from atlanta (one of the most minority cities in the us) because georgia passed voting laws that mlb deemed racist. you cant make this bull **** up.

theres a million examples like this, which are actually blatantly racist in themselves and produce the exact opposite results, often hurting the minority more in the long run.

witch hunt and boy who cried wolf descriptions one hundred percent absolutely correct in this woke cancel culture nonsense.
                            "Is all that we see or seem
                            but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                            quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Agreed!

This is complete idiocy!

I agree with every word of this, Ms Diddles.

The danger is that the worst bigots will always pounce on this kind of stupidity with glee, seeing it as a free pass to carry on regardless with their own racism, misogyny, homophobia etc, putting it all in the same 'nothing to see here' category.

In fact, it's so stupid and counterproductive, that if I were into conspiracy theories I might think the bigots were behind some of the worst examples.

Love,

Caz
                              X

"Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Working...
                              X