Pardon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pardon!

According to The Guardian website, the going rate for a Trump pardon is $2,000,000.

Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

There's a rumor that he plans on pardoning Jeff Epstein's sex trafficker Ghislaine Maxwell.

If true, he should be impeached for a third time and sent to Guantanamo.

All IMHO, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
      According to The Guardian website, the going rate for a Trump pardon is $2,000,000.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...u-trump-pardon
      Does he accept bitcoin?

Comment

Food stamps . . . anything he can lay his cheating hands on.

The Ghislaine Maxwell rumour is particularly nauseous.
        Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

sadly, I have nothing to be pardoned for. Even though I have a couple of million burning a hole in my pocket

Comment

Boo, whooo.... I just read Jared & Ivanka can't find a place to live.

There's an island in Sanfrancisco Bay still vacant - Alcatraz. Scenic, private, plenty of fishing, they could make it homely if they tried.
            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

The Executive pardon needs to go away. It is ripe for corruption.

There are already mechanisms in place to overturn wrongful convictions, and there can be a judicial board to review such matters.

The idea that the President or Governor can single-handedly pardon any Tom, Dick, or Harry is insane. He can encourage them to do all sorts of criminal acts, and then simply pardon them afterwards. Or set up a 'pay-to-play' kickback system.

Comment

Originally posted by rjpalmer View Post
                The Executive pardon needs to go away. It is ripe for corruption.

There are already mechanisms in place to overturn wrongful convictions, and there can be a judicial board to review such matters.

The idea that the President or Governor can single-handedly pardon any Tom, Dick, or Harry is insane. He can encourage them to do all sorts of criminal acts, and then simply pardon them afterwards. Or set up a 'pay-to-play' kickback system.

Yes.It makes the president higher than the law.There is a separation of the branches of gov't.Th executive should not be meddling with the judicial branch.

Also one individual one vote should be instituted.This is the only way one vote is equal to another.Electoral college is corrupt.Biden's 81 million votes vs Trumps 74 million should have ended the issue.

Also,the nation's medical crisis's/pandemic's response should be given to a group of medical people made by
                Congress/president.A constant group appointed and on stand-by.
                Never again listen to politicians only, whose medical knowledge is limited to using Bengay ointment.This is just wrong.
                Clearly the first human laws (way older and already established) spawned organized religion's morality - from which it's writers only copied/stole,ex. you cannot kill,rob,steal (forced,it started civil society).
                M. Pacana

Comment

This just in, from an article in Newsweek, about one of Trump's pardons:

"A 71-year-old supporter of President Donald Trump was reportedly shocked when Trump recently commuted the 40-year sentence of a man who stole his life savings in a Ponzi scheme.

"Kimball Pugmire, who supported [Trump] and voted for him in 2016 and 2020, told the Tampa Bay Times that he was forced to question Trump's honesty after learning that the president had granted clemency Wednesday to "lifetime crook" Fred Davis Clark Jr., who was sentenced to decades behind bars in 2016 after defrauding nearly 1,400 investors out of a combined $300 million.

"I had been trying to forget all this, but it makes you wonder, even being a Trump supporter, about his honesty," Pugmire told the paper."

On the upside, I guess it's never too late to pull one's head from one's arse.

Comment

Originally posted by rjpalmer View Post
                    This just in, from an article in Newsweek, about one of Trump's pardons:

"A 71-year-old supporter of President Donald Trump was reportedly shocked when Trump recently commuted the 40-year sentence of a man who stole his life savings in a Ponzi scheme.

"Kimball Pugmire, who supported [Trump] and voted for him in 2016 and 2020, told the Tampa Bay Times that he was forced to question Trump's honesty after learning that the president had granted clemency Wednesday to "lifetime crook" Fred Davis Clark Jr., who was sentenced to decades behind bars in 2016 after defrauding nearly 1,400 investors out of a combined $300 million.

"I had been trying to forget all this, but it makes you wonder, even being a Trump supporter, about his honesty," Pugmire told the paper."

On the upside, I guess it's never too late to pull one's head from one's arse.
                    Speaking personally, I hope he isn't looking for sympathy. The US is in this mess directly because of people like him.
                    Every Trump supporter should suffer some kind of penalty, a weird kind of retribution I guess.
                    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Working...
                    X