UK Christmas has been Scrooged

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK Christmas has been Scrooged

Some Brits have been told that only immediate household members are allowed to meet for Christmas Day, yet ten people are allowed to meet for a funeral!
    Well, we'll be holding a funeral for our pet turkey Butterball on December 25th, refreshments provided. In lieu of flowers, please bring a sidedish...

Regards, Jon S.

R.I.P. Butterball!

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
      Some Brits have been told that only immediate household members are allowed to meet for Christmas Day, yet ten people are allowed to meet for a funeral!
      Well, we'll be holding a funeral for our pet turkey Butterball on December 25th, refreshments provided. In lieu of flowers, please bring a sidedish...

I’m thinking of buying a coffin

Ive invited Jack Daniels (again) so we’ll be ok here. What’s the weather like over there Wick. Not 7 feet of snow I hope?

Have a good one
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

To be serious about it, here in the U.S. many people didn't heed the warnings about traveling for Thanksgiving and being with their families and loved ones. We are now seeing the result with huge spikes in the number of Covid cases.

Better to be safe this year and party like crazy next year. Stay well everyone.

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

I’m thinking of buying a coffin

Ive invited Jack Daniels (again) so we’ll be ok here. What’s the weather like over there Wick. Not 7 feet of snow I hope?

Have a good one

Actually, that post was a joke I found on my wife's Facebook page, I guess it was posted in England.

We're supposed to be two feet deep in snow here, everywhere's green! It's been 5 deg C outside but it's supposed to be -2 deg C, we're walking around in a light jacket if it isn't windy. We had one winter with no snow a few years back, but that was because the lakes froze over, it was bitter cold. Right now it's too warm to snow, it tries, we had a storm pass through a few days back but it doesn't stick - back to green in a few days.

We're going on a lockdown starting Boxing Day, for 28 days, but we don't mind. We stay out of circulation anyway, just go out for rations once a week :-)
          Stay safe my friend & Happy Christmas!

Happy Christmas everyone!
          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
            To be serious about it, here in the U.S. many people didn't heed the warnings about traveling for Thanksgiving and being with their families and loved ones. We are now seeing the result with huge spikes in the number of Covid cases.

Better to be safe this year and party like crazy next year. Stay well everyone.

c.d.
            What I find shocking, I mean, if there's anything left to shock us after the last four brainless years, it's the fact that some moron's are still maintaining this Covid thing is all fake.

You have to question the IQ of some of these Trump supporters, s**t like that reminds me of what Trump said early in 2016 - he stretched out his arms and exclaimed, "..oh how I love the uneducated!".

Boy, are we seeing why. He can tell them anything and they soak it up.

But, in all seriousness, there has to be a level of disgust for these people. Hero's like first responders, doctors & nurses laying their lives on the line, and these moron's say it's all fake, it isn't happening.

Anyway, 29 days to go......

Until then, Happy Christmas c.d.
            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Actually, that post was a joke I found on my wife's Facebook page, I guess it was posted in England.

We're supposed to be two feet deep in snow here, everywhere's green! It's been 5 deg C outside but it's supposed to be -2 deg C, we're walking around in a light jacket if it isn't windy. We had one winter with no snow a few years back, but that was because the lakes froze over, it was bitter cold. Right now it's too warm to snow, it tries, we had a storm pass through a few days back but it doesn't stick - back to green in a few days.

We're going on a lockdown starting Boxing Day, for 28 days, but we don't mind. We stay out of circulation anyway, just go out for rations once a week :-)
              Stay safe my friend & Happy Christmas!

Happy Christmas everyone!
              You too Wick. Have a good one.
              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Nothing in your note is pointing towards a plausible explanation for Butterball's cause of death. I smell a cover-up of Kraken-proportions and no, a cover-up doesn't smell like sprouts....

Comment

Originally posted by Svensson View Post

Nothing in your note is pointing towards a plausible explanation for Butterball's cause of death. I smell a cover-up of Kraken-proportions and no, a cover-up doesn't smell like sprouts....
                  Well, something smells I'll grant you that. One minute he was alive & kicking, the next he's on his back with his feet in the air. There's no obvious signs of foul play, but he was found wearing sunglasses.
                  My guess is accidental death, he climbed in the oven thinking it was a tanning bed.....
                  Though, there is an empty box of seasoning on the floor.......suicide?

Perhaps this is a case for Hercules Parrot?
                  Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Working...
                  X