No announcement yet.

Favourite Quotations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On Churchill, for a long time my favourite was "An empty taxi pulled up in front of Number Ten and Mr. Attlee got out."
    However, apparently Mr Churchill vehemently denied making such a remark and when he was told by his PPS it had gone viral (as we say these days) he was very abrupt with him. So it is a non-quotation and is off topic. We could begin another thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

That ones a classic Simon. I wonder if Harlow got it?
      I think she did frequently, Herlock.

Comment

Originally posted by OneRound View Post

I think she did frequently, Herlock.
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle

Comment

One for International Women's Day;

" I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life's a b@!#h. You've got to go out and kick ass!" Maya Angelou

Comment

"You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them."

Ray Bradbury

Comment

Only two things are infinite, the universe, and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Einstein
                Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

"You can get much further with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone."

Al Capone

Comment

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

Boxer Mike Tyson

Comment

• Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.

and

I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read in the train. - Oscar Wilde
                      Why a four-year-old child could understand this report! Run out and find me a four-year-old child, I can't make head or tail of it.

Comment

• "I have never quarreled with him"

Response of Henry David Thoreau on his death bed when asked if he had made his peace with God.

c.d.

Comment

• Originally posted by c.d. View Post
                          "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

Boxer Mike Tyson
                          this quote is used in MMA alot whenever a superior grappler (ie. wrestler and or ju jitsu expert) loses to a superior striker.

Comment

• "When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk."

Tuco, in The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

c.d.

Comment

• Mark Twain's famous rumination that when he was 17 he couldn't believe how little his father knew about life, and when he was 30, he couldn't believe how much his father had learned.
                              Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                              ---------------
                              Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                              ---------------

Comment

• A librarian on a mailing list I once belonged to I used to have this as a signature line:

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -- Groucho Marx.
                                Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                                ---------------
                                Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                                ---------------

Comment

Working...
                                X