Springsteen's New Album

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Springsteen's New Album

Check out this song from Bruce's forthcoming album.
    Just what we need in these crazy times.

All together now.........."I'm alive!"

Get Bruce Springsteen’s new album ‘Letter To You’ today: https://brucespringsteen.lnk.to/LTY Listen to “Ghosts” now: https://brucespringsteen.lnk.to/GhostsID...

nice. love his older more folksy stuf too. hes got alot of songs like this but most people just know his pop/ anthem stompers (which are great too).

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
      nice. love his older more folksy stuf too. hes got alot of songs like this but most people just know his pop/ anthem stompers (which are great too).

Nebraska is probably my favourite Springsteen album.
      So sparse and so human.

Comment

Downloaded it last week and I have to say that I'm really surprised that he managed to get such a powerful record out. After Western Stars, which is good, and with a title like Letter To You I expected something even more downbeat. But he really let it rip (by his standards) without the overblown bombast of Born in the USA (which was more a victim of the 80s MTV culture I think). He sounds good and projects well for a man of 70. We have seen others who haven't been able to carry their age like that (Paul McCartney, Paul Simon. However, Keith Richards is an exception because his blood has already been replaced with Ethanol I hear...).

I've only listened to it a couple of time while doing some work but it's probably his best since Devils and Dust IMO....

Comment

Originally posted by Svensson View Post
          Downloaded it last week and I have to say that I'm really surprised that he managed to get such a powerful record out. After Western Stars, which is good, and with a title like Letter To You I expected something even more downbeat. But he really let it rip (by his standards) without the overblown bombast of Born in the USA (which was more a victim of the 80s MTV culture I think). He sounds good and projects well for a man of 70. We have seen others who haven't been able to carry their age like that (Paul McCartney, Paul Simon. However, Keith Richards is an exception because his blood has already been replaced with Ethanol I hear...).

I've only listened to it a couple of time while doing some work but it's probably his best since Devils and Dust IMO....
          I’ve been watching repeats of the Ronnie Wood show a lot recently. One of his guests was Alice Cooper (real name Vincent Furnier) who said that Keith Richards refused to call him Alice, and always addressed him as ‘Vinnie’.

One one occasion, Keef said to him, ‘Vinnie, Vinnie, Vinnie, - Vinnie - when did you last have a drink?’

‘Twenty years ago’, was Vinnie’s answer, to which Keef responded:

‘Begs the question: why?’

You have to do the voices (including Jagger’s Keef) to do the story justice.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post

I’ve been watching repeats of the Ronnie Wood show a lot recently. One of his guests was Alice Cooper (real name Vincent Furnier) who said that Keith Richards refused to call him Alice, and always addressed him as ‘Vinnie’.

One one occasion, Keef said to him, ‘Vinnie, Vinnie, Vinnie, - Vinnie - when did you last have a drink?’

‘Twenty years ago’, was Vinnie’s answer, to which Keef responded:

‘Begs the question: why?’

You have to do the voices (including Jagger’s Keef) to do the story justice.
            Nice one!

Comment

Working...
            X