Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trump's HBO Interview

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • so it's been three days since the last post. Just to highlight this avalanche of scandals in this administration, since then we have seen/learnt:

    - Trump did a campaign rally in NC where the is a mask mandate. No masks, no social distancing were enforced by his team.

    - He suggested that having Kamala Harris, a black-indian woman, as President would be "an insult to this country".

    - A new whistle-blower report surfaced suggesting that the Trump administration is pressuring intelligence agencies to downplay the threat of Russia's election meddling as well as the threat of domestic right-wing terrorism. It is the proof that the intelligence agencies have been weaponised that Republicans have been searching for for 3 years now. No doubt, Jim Jordan, Devin Nunez and Lindsey Graham will swing into immediate action to stamp out this sort of thing.

    - The Postmaster General Louis de Joy is now under investigation for campaign finance violations.

    - Trump suggested that his supporters should hang around polling stations to watch over the "thieving and robbery" that is going on there. Essentially, he is now also attacking the integrity of in-person voting.

    - Trump knew all about how dangerous Covid-19 was and he is on tape for saying so. Yet, he did nothing and down-played the dangers of the virus because he thought it would hurt his re-election chances.

    The above list should be enough to sink any administration for good but here, we are looking at just three days. 3 days! And these three days are not even particularly scandalous for DJT. Yet 40% of american voters look at this this and think "Yep, he's my kinda guy."

    Comment


    • Svensson, your not including his Nobel Peace Prize (or should that be Noble? Remember that howler?) nomination.

      And he's tweeted a tribute to his favourite Baseball Player, who's Puerto Rican. Trump loves Puerto Rico. And definitely didn't want to swap it for Greenland. Fake news. Losers.
      Thems the Vagaries.....

      Comment


      • Not forgetting the mention of the new nuclear weapon developed by the US, "that no-one has seen the like of, ever before". Yet, I'll bet no-one charges him with divulging a state secret. There's another 'gift' for his buddy, Putin.

        As pointed out by MSNBC, in that one brief line he just singlehandedly started another nuclear arms race!
        Last edited by Wickerman; 09-10-2020, 03:55 PM.
        Regards, Jon S.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
          Not forgetting the mention of the new nuclear weapon developed by the US, "that no-one has seen the like of, ever before". Yet, I'll bet no-one charges him with divulging a state secret. There's another 'gift' for his buddy, Putin.

          As pointed out by MSNBC, in that one brief line he just singlehandedly started another nuclear arms race!
          It's just as well he's 'invented' an Air Force then...
          Thems the Vagaries.....

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post
            Svensson, your not including his Nobel Peace Prize (or should that be Noble? Remember that howler?) nomination.

            And he's tweeted a tribute to his favourite Baseball Player, who's Puerto Rican. Trump loves Puerto Rico. And definitely didn't want to swap it for Greenland. Fake news. Losers.
            I didn;t forget about it but I thought that the "Noble Prize" didn't fall into a scandal category, strictly speaking. But he was nominated by Christian Tybring-Gjedde whose political positions include Anti-Immigration, Anti-Muslim, Pro-Putin and Pro-Russian annexation of Crimea. It's hardly surprising that he views Trump as someone Noble enough of a Prize.

            But let's be clear. The UAE-Israel deal has nothing to do with peace between Israel and Palestine. First, UAE and Israel were never at war in the first place, secondly, there is nothing in the deal that gives Palestine a path towards an independent and unoccupied state. Third, I am actually sceptical of Trumps actual involvement because if came so out of the blue. Trump is someone who can;t keep his mouth shut and would have blabbered it out. I mean, he keeps blabbering out stuff that doesn't exist, imagine what he does with stuff that DOES exist.
            Last edited by Svensson; 09-10-2020, 04:33 PM.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Svensson View Post
              so it's been three days since the last post. Just to highlight this avalanche of scandals in this administration, since then we have seen/learnt:

              - Trump did a campaign rally in NC where the is a mask mandate. No masks, no social distancing were enforced by his team.

              - He suggested that having Kamala Harris, a black-indian woman, as President would be "an insult to this country".

              - A new whistle-blower report surfaced suggesting that the Trump administration is pressuring intelligence agencies to downplay the threat of Russia's election meddling as well as the threat of domestic right-wing terrorism. It is the proof that the intelligence agencies have been weaponised that Republicans have been searching for for 3 years now. No doubt, Jim Jordan, Devin Nunez and Lindsey Graham will swing into immediate action to stamp out this sort of thing.

              - The Postmaster General Louis de Joy is now under investigation for campaign finance violations.

              - Trump suggested that his supporters should hang around polling stations to watch over the "thieving and robbery" that is going on there. Essentially, he is now also attacking the integrity of in-person voting.

              - Trump knew all about how dangerous Covid-19 was and he is on tape for saying so. Yet, he did nothing and down-played the dangers of the virus because he thought it would hurt his re-election chances.

              The above list should be enough to sink any administration for good but here, we are looking at just three days. 3 days! And these three days are not even particularly scandalous for DJT. Yet 40% of american voters look at this this and think "Yep, he's my kinda guy."
              actually some stuff that I forgot:

              - He got the DoJ to defend him on his personal rape-allegations.
              - Suggesting that his generals are just there to keep funding the military industry in the US. Which is interesting because he actually has a point there, but at the same time, HE is the one who bragged about how much more money he gave to the industry for the past three years.

              Comment


              • sorry, just one more thing that is just too hilarious to pass over and then I REALLY need to go back to work....

                Remember the first Book that Woodward wrote on Trump, "Fear"? it was like any other Trump book basically ripping the chaos and hypocrisy in the White House but Woodward never actually spoke to Trump himself, only to his associates. From Wikipedia on he book title: "After several news outlets published excerpts of the book in early September, Trump claimed that Fear was "just another bad book", and that Woodward "had a lot of credibility problems ... He wanted to write the book a certain way ... I never spoke to him"

                Fast forward to 2020 and Woodward approaches the White House about another book. This time however, Trump thinks that he should give him 18 Interviews himself and the book will be a total success. Problem is that all his lunacy is now on tape and boy, does this sound bad what Woodward's got. The White House staff meanwhile spent the day trying to find out who allowed these interviews happen in the first place. The Chief of Staff has quickly absolved himself of this responsibility because people in the WH know they need to keep this guy hidden away or he will make a fool out of himself (which he duly did) but Trump's ego got the better of him.

                Comment


                • It's good to see that Microsoft are able to step up to the plate and inform the public of foreign interference by Russia, as a way around Trump's order to have the NIA refrain from informing Congress.
                  Trump can't muzzle Microsoft.
                  Regards, Jon S.

                  Comment


                  • When Trump holds an indoor event and he makes sure that he is the only person socially distancing, he is saying "My health is important but yours is not. Suckers!"

                    Click image for larger version

Name:	roundtable-678x381.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	741868

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Svensson View Post
                      When Trump holds an indoor event and he makes sure that he is the only person socially distancing, he is saying "My health is important but yours is not. Suckers!"

                      Click image for larger version

Name:	roundtable-678x381.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	741868
                      Nah, they just can't stand to be near him. Especially the women. With his grabby hands...
                      Thems the Vagaries.....

                      Comment


                      • When was this event held?

                        I wonder how many people in the audience [all of an inch apart] have since caught the virus while a) believing it doesn't exist; b) blaming the Chinese for its spread; or c) both?

                        Love,

                        Caz
                        X
                        "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov


                        Comment


                        • It was last night night but since he is holding such events almost every day now in different parts of the country, we should see the effect pretty soon. It's almost like he's working on behalf of the virus...

                          OR, he actually wants the virus to be raging in October so that sensible people (I.e., those who wouldn't vote for him) stick to mail-in voting which he thinks he can attack better in the week after November 3. His criminal advisor who he just let out of prison already has a battle plan ready:
                          Last edited by Svensson; 09-15-2020, 06:29 PM.

                          Comment


                          • so I watched Tim Kaine on NBC today and IMHO, he sums up the reason why things have gotten as bad as they are. He is basically suggesting that GOP senators should stick to their words from 2016 that in the last year of a presidential term, no SCOTUS should be confirmed. Hilarious, considering over the last 48 hours that Senators like Graham or Cruz have simply shown no capability to be shamed into sticking to their word. So all this "Hold the tape, because Lindsey Graham said so" is actually less depressing that Pelosi, Schumer or Kaine suggesting that they make a common garden GOP senator be true to his/her word. And this tenner says that Susan "I am very disappointed with the president" Collins will eventually vote with Trump after Nov 3rd.

                            For McConnell, the equation is simple: Get the vote to the floor between Nov 10 and Nov 30 and the new SCOTUS will go through. For the Democrats, they would need to bring Impeachment charges against Trump or Barr (or both) in the next two weeks so that the Senate has to take them up and can't go ahead with the confirmation hearings. I mean, there is enough there from undermining the electoral process to perjury (to the Special Council Robert Muller), undermining judicial independence and of course homocidal negligence (by the tens of thousands) on Covid-19. But what are the chances of the Democrats finally showing some cojones?

                            Bonus question, what would House Leader AOC do?
                            Last edited by Svensson; 09-21-2020, 11:00 PM.

                            Comment


                            • Lindsey graham now claims that the Senate has the votes to confirm Trump's nominee even before the identity of the nominee is even known:

                              https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-nominee.html

                              Suggests to me that this is making a mockery of the nomination process itself.

                              Comment


                              • Probably the one single quote that sums up the chaos and cynicism of the Trump administration is the quote by Jared Kushner in Bob Woodward's new book "Rage."

                                "If you don't know where you are going, any path will get you there."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X