Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coronavirus: What Is Life Like Now Where You Are?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, sorry to hear that GUT.
    In Ontario I've heard all surgery both elective & essential has been halted so as to focus on COVID patients.

Our Premier has ordered all non-essential services are to shut down at 11:59 pm Wednesday night.
    My two daughters are under Essential Services, one is a nurse on the cancer ward and the other is a supervisor at a Care Home.
    It looks like I may be included, transport drivers have been viewed as an Essential Service. A list of who is allowed to work is to be published tomorrow (24th).

This is like being in a science fiction movie.....
    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
      Wow, sorry to hear that GUT.
      In Ontario I've heard all surgery both elective & essential has been halted so as to focus on COVID patients.

Our Premier has ordered all non-essential services are to shut down at 11:59 pm Wednesday night.
      My two daughters are under Essential Services, one is a nurse on the cancer ward and the other is a supervisor at a Care Home.
      It looks like I may be included, transport drivers have been viewed as an Essential Service. A list of who is allowed to work is to be published tomorrow (24th).

This is like being in a science fiction movie.....
      Thanks, I think it will go ahead and if it doesn’t it can wait a bit longer.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

It has become strangely silent in California.

Stay safe, guys.

Simon
        Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

I know from my daughter's experience, that spinal problems can be cripplingly painful, but, now, here in Oz, is a time to avoid hospitals if humanly possible.
          dustymiller
          aka drstrange

Comment

It's just got a whole lot crapper in the UK. On the plus side, I picked up an eighteen pack of loo roll yesterday. I'm living like royalty!
            Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Here in sleepy East Devon, UK, the sun is shining and my washing is out on the line. I am counting my blessings, as my daughter, husband and brother are currently all safe and well indoors - or in their gardens enjoying the warm weather. We haven't yet experienced many shortages on the shelves and I'm hoping that anyone who can stay at home will now do so, to give the virus less opportunity to spread to the vulnerable.

Ironically, this pandemic will have the effect of cutting carbon emissions, taking on the job we humans have shown ourselves to be too stupid, selfish and shortsighted to do, for ourselves and for the survival of all living species. It's like the virus has rolled up its sleeves and is taking control, with a cruel to be kind message for mankind.

Stay safe out there!

Love,

Caz
              X
              Last edited by caz; 03-24-2020, 01:07 PM.
              "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

You can push Mother Nature only so far.

Comment

An "alkaline diet" might be handy for some.
                  No need to go overboard.
                  Ensure it contains ~ essential fatty acids and protein containing foods. ~ 25%
                  Viruses and bacteria do not easily survive when blood pH is around 72.

John-Douillards-LifeSpa-Alkaline-and-Acidic-Foods-List.pdf

My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Originally posted by DJA View Post
                    An "alkaline diet" might be handy for some.
                    No need to go overboard.
                    Ensure it contains ~ essential fatty acids and protein containing foods. ~ 25%
                    Viruses and bacteria do not easily survive when blood pH is around 72.

[ATTACH]n733766[/ATTACH]
                    I appreciate the advice Doc, but at pH 72, humans won't easily survive.
                    I presume that should be 7.2?

Pedantically Yours,
                    Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Thanks Dr Shoe.

Wireless keyboard missing the odd stroke.Suspect my brain has accumulated some though

You are not being pedantic. Prefer to learn from my mistakes. Learning heaps lately
                      My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post
                        You can push Mother Nature only so far.
                        So I'm wondering; Is the originating location of COVID-19, and the virus's hotspots around the globe, the places where Mother Nature has been pushed the furthest, or is this just one of your favorite platitudes?
                        Andrew's the man, who is not blamed for nothing

Comment

Platitudes?

Comment

I bet they eat duck-billed platitudes in Wuhan.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
                              I bet they eat duck-billed platitudes in Wuhan.
                              Puts me in mind of one of the Duke of Edinburgh's quotes, "if it's got four legs and isn't a chair...."
                              Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Here in Surrey UK. I am classed as a shielded case, and my wife also isolating. We have two daughters close by, who look after us well. from a personal view the main concern is not seeing our five grandchildren. something we have never been used to. Lets all pray this hideous virus exits quickly.
                                Regards Richard.

Comment

Working...
                                X