X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SS Cotopaxi

Thanks, Robert.

Comment

There is a very good book by Larry Kursche which does a very good job of debunking much of the nonsense written about the Bermuda Triangle.

Comment

No one read Von Daniken? It's an ancient civilizations buried nuclear reactor. Built by UFO's.
        Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

I thought it had been found years ago, in the middle of some desert?

Comment

Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post
            No one read Von Daniken? It's an ancient civilizations buried nuclear reactor. Built by UFO's.
            Von Daniken's Chariots of the Gods and the sequels are some of the greatest load of pseudo science, fabricated evidence and most illogical reasoning ever put into print. It is a toss up which is the more egregious, this or the bunkum of Velikovsky's Worlds in Collision.
            Why a four-year-old child could understand this report! Run out and find me a four-year-old child, I can't make head or tail of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Bundy's Eyes View Post
              Geez.... we can't even get machines to make a decent cup of coffee, and here they have UFO's building power plants?
              Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma View Post

Von Daniken's Chariots of the Gods and the sequels are some of the greatest load of pseudo science, fabricated evidence and most illogical reasoning ever put into print. It is a toss up which is the more egregious, this or the bunkum of Velikovsky's Worlds in Collision.
                Yes, I remember Chariots of the Gods being released, it was serialized in the national press if I recall before it was published, it caused quite a stir. I bought the book at the time, then I lent it to a friend at work. The thing went around the factory everyone passing it on to their buddies, I never saw it again.
                As for Velikovsky, I was really taken by his Ages in Chaos, or 'How not to do Archaeology'! Changing Ramesses II into Necho, and Chetasar into Nebuchadnezzar - brilliant.
                If Velikovsky had known anything about stratigraphy he couldn't have come up with those theories. I still have his books, and several others who have tried to revise ancient chronologies. Some of the logic, or lack of same, is fascinating.
                Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

Geez.... we can't even get machines to make a decent cup of coffee, and here they have UFO's building power plants?
                  I'd like to see the so called "experts" explain that one.
                  Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post
                    There is a very good book by Larry Kursche which does a very good job of debunking much of the nonsense written about the Bermuda Triangle.
                    Hi, I hope you are keeping well. His name was Larry Kusche and the book was The Bermuda Triangle Mystery - Solved, published back in 1975 by Harper Collins. It is an excellent book. It has been reprinted numerous times, but I don't know if he ever updated it.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulB View Post

Hi, I hope you are keeping well. His name was Larry Kusche and the book was The Bermuda Triangle Mystery - Solved, published back in 1975 by Harper Collins. It is an excellent book. It has been reprinted numerous times, but I don't know if he ever updated it.
                      Doh, I was nearly right!
                      I read it many years ago as part of my self education re debunking woo woo science and other such nonsense.

Everything is good with me Paul, I hope this finds you well.

Cheers, W.

Comment

Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post

Doh, I was nearly right!
                        I read it many years ago as part of my self education re debunking woo woo science and other such nonsense.

Everything is good with me Paul, I hope this finds you well.

Cheers, W.
                        At the time I bought it, I had very little money and it seemed like a fortune to have to spend. But I was researching Into Thin Air at the time and it was essential reading, confirming a lot that I already knew, but adding more than I didn't know. I'd also crossed swords with Berlitz in a journal called Pursuit, so it was good to have Kusche's backing! Ah, happy days. All is well, thanks.

Comment

Charles Berlitz, they don't make 'em like that anymore. Loved his books, along with Von Daniken. Some of the best Sci-Fi out there.
                          Thems the Vagaries.....

Comment

Working...
                          X