Advice For A Technology Caveman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice For A Technology Caveman

I need a bit of advice if possible as I’m completely useless with technology. So don’t laugh if this is a dumb question.

I have an IPad by the way. Very nice but wasted on me. My question is about photo’s. I’ve currently got around 400 or so. They are in the main photo section but I’ve put some of them into folders (a have a Wallace case one for eg.) My problem is that if I delete some the ones in the folders will also disappear. I’ve been told that I’m not even approaching ‘full’ though? But can anyone tell me how I get around the issue of being able to delete general photos whilst keeping the ones in folders?

Thanks

Hi Herlock,
    How about making a duplicate set to put in your folder?
    Regards
    Albert

Comment

Never used an iPad,however strongly suggest considering an adapter for the dock connector so that a USB device or SD card can be used for back up.
      My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Originally posted by Albert View Post
        Hi Herlock,
        How about making a duplicate set to put in your folder?
        Regards
        Albert
        Thanks Albert, I was thinking of trying that but someone gave me doubts. Then again, that person is about as much use as me with technology.

Comment

Originally posted by DJA View Post
          Never used an iPad,however strongly suggest considering an adapter for the dock connector so that a USB device or SD card can be used for back up.

Thanks Dave, ill mention this suggestion to my brother when I see him as he’s way more computer savvy than I am. Which isn’t difficult.

Comment

Might be able to send the photos to a mobile 'phone and therefore back up to it's SD card.

Believe me,when you lose data which has disappeared from the Internet, you really kick yourself.

Comment

You can transfer photos to a USB flash drive in 3 simple steps.
              1. Connect your device to your iPad using a USB cable.
              2. In the file menu, select the "Import from" option.
              3. Your device should appear. You can now drag and drop your photo files.
              You can also create duplicates of the photos in the folders by renaming them by using the 'save as' command so there is no risk of them being removed when you delete the original in the main photo section.
              Why a four-year-old child could understand this report! Run out and find me a four-year-old child, I can't make head or tail of it.

Comment

Thanks all

Comment

Danger Will Robinson! - YouTube

Comment

An afterthought.

If you have a Google account, you can upload your photos to Google Slides for safekeeping. A Google account is free and easy to create if you don't already have one.
                    Why a four-year-old child could understand this report! Run out and find me a four-year-old child, I can't make head or tail of it.

Comment

Working...
                    X