Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIP Neil Peart

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • RIP Neil Peart

    Any fans of rock music will know of Rush and their amazing drummer Neil Peart who sadly died on the 7th at his home in Santa Monica. I know that poster Geddy2112 (named after the bands lead singer and bass player Geddy Lee and their most famous album 2112) will join me in saying RIP Neil. A great drummer in a great band.

    https://youtu.be/LWRMOJQDiLU
    Regards

    Herlock




    “ Herlock is the cleverest man that I’ve ever met.” - Stephen Hawking.
    “ I wish that I could have achieved half as much as Herlock.”- Neil Armstrong.
    “ What a voice Herlock has.” - Luciano Pavarotti.
    “ I wish that I could dump Harry for Herlock.” - Meghan Markle.
    “ I know that it’s not good to be jealous but I just can’t help it.” - John Holmes.

  • #2
    Devastating news ☹
    “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

    Comment


    • #3
      Neil Peart Drum Solo - Rush Live in Frankfurt - YouTube
      My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

      Comment


      • #4
        I have a very fortunate and small connection to this amazing musician/writer and the band,... I dated a girl who worked for their production company for about 6 years...from around 1976 to 1982. Extraordinary times...some really great shows and parties. Wild times back then …I remember him as a private man and as someone who wanted to be the best at what he did..which I believe he was. Very sorry to see him go, and their era to be officially at end.

        Gotta say, until you've seen that kit of his youll never really understand just how good he was.
        Michael Richards

        Comment


        • #5
          Yeah, but was he as good as Ringo?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post
            Yeah, but was he as good as Ringo?
            John Lennon was once asked if Ringo Starr was the best drummer in the world.

            Lennon replied that he wasn't even the best drummer in the Beatles.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post

              John Lennon was once asked if Ringo Starr was the best drummer in the world.

              Lennon replied that he wasn't even the best drummer in the Beatles.
              Not true.
              It was a line by Jasper Carrott from the late 80s

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post

                John Lennon was once asked if Ringo Starr was the best drummer in the world.

                Lennon replied that he wasn't even the best drummer in the Beatles.
                I remember laughing hard when I read that years ago, and I did again when reading it here. Lennon was priceless, irreplaceable.

                Michael Richards

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post

                  Not true.
                  It was a line by Jasper Carrott from the late 80s
                  Hi Jon,
                  It appears that we are both wide of the mark.

                  I attach a link which seems to clear the matter up, although there is a bit of me that will always associate it with Lennon's razor sharp wit.

                  ​​​​​​​https://www.radiox.co.uk/artists/bea...-best-drummer/

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post

                    Hi Jon,
                    It appears that we are both wide of the mark.

                    I attach a link which seems to clear the matter up, although there is a bit of me that will always associate it with Lennon's razor sharp wit.

                    ​​​​​​​https://www.radiox.co.uk/artists/bea...-best-drummer/
                    Yes, but I knew it wasn`t Lennon. :-)
                    Thanks for the link

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X