No announcement yet.

Funny if it wasn't true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know the meaning of the repeated phrase 'cats and dogs' in the report. It seems reminiscent of rhyming slang but the only match I find from online dictionaries is 'raining cats and dogs'.
    I have found a reference to 'cats and dogs' meaning animosity/ fighting being aggressive like the relationship between cats and dogs. This seems to fit quite well. 'Cats and dogs are you' seeming to mean something like 'You're looking for trouble, are you?' and 'Come on, George, cats and dogs' meaning 'Come here George, we've got a fight on'.

I wonder if Jarvis had a similar 'bully' role as Henry Buckley may have had and the undercover cops were bad for business, so to speak. Although the mention of cab yard and the accused jobs as 'cab washers' suggests there was an active cab operation in Phoenix Place, which wasn't too happy about the gathering of suspicious men around them.

I wonder if this was where Patrick Manning took a cab.
    Last edited by seanr; 10-30-2019, 12:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by seanr View Post
      Anyone know the meaning of the repeated phrase 'cats and dogs' in the report. It seems reminiscent of rhyming slang but the only match I find from online dictionaries is 'raining cats and dogs'.
      I have found a reference to 'cats and dogs' meaning animosity/ fighting being aggressive like the relationship between cats and dogs. This seems to fit quite well. 'Cats and dogs are you' seeming to mean something like 'You're looking for trouble, are you?' and 'Come on, George, cats and dogs' meaning 'Come here George, we've got a fight on'.
      Not sure if it fits, but found this definition in the urban dictionary

Cat and Dog
      Usually referring to a depraved almost-sex act between a girlfriend and boyfriend who haven't had sexual intercourse yet, cat and dog is usually thought up by the boyfriend who is sexually deprived and is looking for a way to release his urges.

The act involves the two parties acting as a cat or as a dog, the female is usually the cat and the male is usually the dog.

The objective of the dog is to 'jump' on things whether it be a couch or objects on the ground but also to jump on the cat (hence why the male is the dog as they are most sexually aggressive) also the dog looks at the cat with puppy dog eyes whenever it wants the cat to play with the dog more.

The objective of the cat is basically to purr every time the dog pats her, but as cats get tired of things very quickly if she gets patted for too long she will scratch the dog.

Comment

Originally posted by etenguy View Post

Not sure if it fits, but found this definition in the urban dictionary

Um... I don't think that's quite the meaning they had in mind.
        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post

Um... I don't think that's quite the meaning they had in mind.
          I'm sure you are right, but one was dressed as a woman.

Comment

Working...
          X