McAfee Warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McAfee Warning

Does anyone else keep getting a McAfee warning popping up at the top of the page on the boards?
    I've noticed if for a few days now and it's beginning to hack me off, as it keeps re-appearing.

Regards, Bridewell.
    I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

No replies. Guess it's just me then!

Regards, Bridewell.

Comment

Not if you're a BT Internet subscriber who's taken up their free McAfee coverage Colin...They're acknowledging there's been a problem with their latest upgrade...

If this applies to you, ring the BT 24 hour Service Status line on 0800 169 0199 to check...

Hope this helps - All the best

Dave

PS You might, incidentally, be interested enough to ask yourself the same question I did...if the upgrade actually prevented you getting online (as it clearly has some folk) what the f***s the use of giving out a web address to visit for a resolution of those problems?

Comment

Hi Dave,

I am indeed a BT internet customer, so that may explain it. I did have a problem with my Broadband connection a couple of weeks ago and even the number specifically allocated to Broadband connection issues advises people to 'go on-line' where many solutions can be found. I guess they think people will just log on to a neighbour's computer to find the solution.

Thanks for your help. Dare I risk viewing the 'blocked content' they refer to, do you think?

Regards, Bridewell.

Comment

Hi Colin

Frankly I wouldn't mate...I'd just check the McAfee version numbers quoted, then if you're affected reinstall the softwear!

All the best

Dave

PS Whenever I've checked out blocked content, I've seen a quick flash of boobs, had a quick thrill, then suddenly life's a total clusterf***...reminds me of my married life actually...

Comment

Working...
          X