Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Ian Brady finally revealed Keith's location?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Ian Brady finally revealed Keith's location?

There has been a lot in the news today about Ian Brady having recently revealed the burial place of Keith Bennett - but only to his mental health worker in a sealed letter to be opened after his death.

However, some reports say that experts doubt his objectives and think he is just playing games with the police, the authorities and Keith's poor family.

Brady should end Winnie Johnson's (Keith's mother) eternal heartbreak and let her bury her son properly before she dies. Then - if he wishes to die (as he claims) I am sure there will be no shortage of people willing to oblige.

Hi all

A poster with the screen name of Apollo posted the following on the My Liverpool forum on the antics of Brady and his accomplice, the late Myra Hindley, in regard to pretending to reveal where the boy is buried. Hindley died in November 2002.

"Don't be taken in by Brady he is a self publicist, he glories in the attention he can get. If you know anybody who works at Ashworth they will tell you, his antics in that place are legend. On two separate occasions Hindley conned the plod into digging over the place nothing came of it. The Saddleworth Moors are a very inhospitable place, to locate a specific location you require good land marks, which are few and far between. The ground is bog and inclined to shift around as well. Officers approached Brady in July 2003 to ask for his cooperation with the new search but sources said he lay in his hospital bed and waved them away."

Here's a 2009 article from the Daily Mail on the case:

"Hindley on the Moors, a chilling snapshot that closes the book on 45-year search for young victim" by Stephen Wright

Best regards

Chris
    Last edited by ChrisGeorge; 08-17-2012, 06:23 PM.
    Christopher T. George
    Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
    just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
    For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
    RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

Do we know that he himself knows?

Comment

Lizzie, another poster at My Liverpool posted the following photograph and stated:

"This is a picture of Keith's Mum, Winnie Johnson on one of her many trips up to search Saddleworth, think she's close to 80 now and has been suffering with cancer. I would like to think she can see her son laid to rest properly but I doubt Brady would know where the body is, how would you be able to pinpoint where after all these years?"

Christopher T. George

Comment

If ever I wanted a story to be true- it is this one.

The irony of the whole case is that when it happened people were screaming for the return of the death penalty. Had that happened. Pauline Read's remains would never have been found without Hindley and Brady confessing their guilt in 1987.

Brady is a monster. Expecting compassion from him after 48 years is unlikely. But if persuaded by this woman friend of his- then MAYBE....

I wish Keith Bennett'r mother her wish with every bone in the body.

Sincerely

Phil
          Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
          Accountability? ....

Comment

I am sure Brady knows the approximate location of Keith's remains, but I doubt whether it will be very easy to find them. Apparently, Brady and Hindley took photographs of each other on the graves of their victims. Searchers used the skylines behind the where brady and Hindley had posed on the photos and clues from cryptic notes they found in a book to locate Lesley and John's bodies but have not had success with Keith's.

Regarding Phil's very valid point about capital punishment in this case, I think Brady has actually suffered more since his imprisonment/confinement than the few days of apprehension he would have had prior to being hanged.

Chris, I can verify your point Brady's behaviour at Ashworht as my daughter knows someone who works there. According to my daughter's friend, Brady is manipulative and very difficult. However, there are also stories of him having worked for many years converting written material into Braille on a voluntary basis.

It is so difficult in cases of psychopathia, where a change in behaviour and attitude is impoosible to achieve as no cure is possible. Was Brady born evil or was he made that way?

I can't help but have just a tiny amount of pity for Brady, but then I look at that photo of Winnie and think that if he was worthy of that tiny amount of pity, he would at least try to end Winnie's heartbreak.

Comment

Thanks, Limehouse.

Unfortunately it could be that all this is to hype up the following upcoming program--

Ian Brady: Endgames of a Psychopath
              This Cutting Edge film speaks to those closest to Moors Murderer Ian Brady, and reveals his apparent ongoing attempts to assert power of the victims' families

Channel 4 Mon 20 August 9 pm

Christopher T. George

Comment

It has just been announced on the radio that Winnie Johnson died early this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
                  It has just been announced on the radio that Winnie Johnson died early this morning.
                  I want to write" Rest in Peace" Winnie.
                  Then I thought, 'at last reunited'.

Respectfully

Phil

edit: the lady not only had more guts, but more dignity than Ian Brady has in his little finger.
                  Last edited by Phil Carter; 08-18-2012, 12:14 PM.
                  Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

With you totally on that Phil...unlike Julie (who must be a far better person than me) I can't summon up a scrap of pity for Brady and Hindley...it's not just what they've done, but what they've not done too...frankly perpetual Hell's far too pleasant a spot...

All the best

Dave

Comment

I suspect that what Ian Brady hates most is that he is such a complete nonentity. He has achieved nothing and will be missed by no-one.
                      I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
                        I want to write" Rest in Peace" Winnie.
                        Then I thought, 'at last reunited'.

Respectfully

Phil

edit: the lady not only had more guts, but more dignity than Ian Brady has in his little finger.
                        Hi Phil,

I wanted to write 'reast in peace' too - but it seemed that she should have been able to do so with Keith resting with her. I believe that are together now in spirit at least.

Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
                          With you totally on that Phil...unlike Julie (who must be a far better person than me) I can't summon up a scrap of pity for Brady and Hindley...it's not just what they've done, but what they've not done too...frankly perpetual Hell's far too pleasant a spot...

All the best

Dave
                          Hello Dave, all,

It may be worth pointing out to the non-British here, and those of a younger age, exactly what 'The Moors Murderers' actually mean to the rest of us. I wont go through the details of the case, but still today, nearly 50years after the crimes, the perpetrators are reviled to a degree rarely touched upon since.
                          This case didnt just upset a whole nation. It didnt just anger a whole nation. It managed, through its heniousness, to cast a haunting memory upon a whole nation over many years, and still does. I was a small lad at the time, and can clearly remember being told not to talk to strangers, never ever accept a lift in a car, bang on a door of a house if you feel followed, scream,kick,bite,punch- the works- should any stranger touch you.
                          That might seem oddly normal today-but then-it was almost unheard of.

Ian Brady (and Myra Hindley, now deceased) were the most despised and hated human beings in Britain for many years. Brady arguably still is.

Phil
                          Last edited by Phil Carter; 08-18-2012, 12:57 PM.
                          Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post

All the best

Dave
                            I'm not a better person than you Dave - not at all. Everyday I berate myself for not being a better person than I am. However, I do find it hard to believe people are born evil for evil's sake. I have to believe they are made evil by circumstances. Having said that, people have the chance to show remorse and make some amends for their deeds and Brady has not done this. I do not believe Hindley did so either. Most of her pity was reserved for herself.

Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Bridewell View Post
                              I suspect that what Ian Brady hates most is that he is such a complete nonentity. He has achieved nothing and will be missed by no-one.
                              Hello Colin,

A psychopathic, narcissistic, Nazi loving, mentally disturbed nothing.

Just how many people HAVING to look after that man in Ashworth High Security Hospital have been tempted to do some damage to that man I wonder...

And how the warders didnt give him the quiet once over in the cells before he was transferred to Ashworth, I'll never know.

Kindly

Phil
                              Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Accountability? ....

Comment

Working...
                              X