Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Goodbye sweet Emma Cat, 7-25-19

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Thanks Caz / Monty,

    Purrs returned from Toffee &Hazel (from a safe distance of course)!

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post
      Apologies Pat for posting on this thread.

      I searched for your "When is the right time to get a new pet" thread, but couldn't find it anywhere, so this seemed like the next most appropriate place to post.

      The Diddles household is once again alive with the pitter patter of tiny feet (or great big chonky murder mitts in the case of one of it's new incumbents)!

      Meet Toffee and Hazel:
      I’m looking at the bottom right of the second photo Ms D. Have you dyed one of your cats pink?
      Regards

      Sir Herlock Sholmes.

      “A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

        I’m looking at the bottom right of the second photo Ms D. Have you dyed one of your cats pink?
        Ha! I see what you mean Herlock!

        Their catnip toy does look a bit like a pink fluffy kitten!

        It's a good job it's not though as they throw that around in the air and kick it to shreds!

        These guys are proper apex predators!

        Comment


        • #34
          From Bahrain to Glasgow!!!

          That's a hell of a culture shock for the poor Mogs.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post
            From Bahrain to Glasgow!!!

            That's a hell of a culture shock for the poor Mogs.
            Yes Barn,

            It was indeed a long and arduous journey for them, but they are settling in well.

            Toffee made himself right at home almost immediately, whilst Hazel is taking a little longer.

            There's a trend in Bahrain for people to purchase cute kittens, then abandon them on the streets when they are full grown and displaying undesirable behaviours (often due to the fact that they are unneutered).

            It's virtually impossible to rehome adult cats there, as animal welfare isn't a big thing and kittens are much preferred.

            They seem to be adapting to Glasgow culture pretty well.

            I had my windows open at the weekend and Toffee heard his first orange walk.

            He was not impressed and bolted out the room.

            It looks like he's going to be a Celtic guy.

            Hazel displayed no particular interest, so perhaps she is Partick Thistle?!

            Comment


            • #36
              Cheers MS D, if the mogs can stand a first introduction to a Glasgow orange walk, they can survive anything.

              The orange walk reminds me of a true story.
              An orange leaning resident of Bridgeton was looking after some Gelignite for the "lads" before it travelled to Northern Ireland.
              He noticed that the gelignite was starting to "weep", with some ominous moisture appearing on it.
              He decided that the only solution was to put in the oven at a medium temperature to dry off.

              Destroyed the building and badly damaged some houses.

              Only in Glasgow!!!!!

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post
                Cheers MS D, if the mogs can stand a first introduction to a Glasgow orange walk, they can survive anything.

                The orange walk reminds me of a true story.
                An orange leaning resident of Bridgeton was looking after some Gelignite for the "lads" before it travelled to Northern Ireland.
                He noticed that the gelignite was starting to "weep", with some ominous moisture appearing on it.
                He decided that the only solution was to put in the oven at a medium temperature to dry off.

                Destroyed the building and badly damaged some houses.

                Only in Glasgow!!!!!
                Only in Glasgow indeed!!!

                I can well believe your story!

                I remember reading a really interesting article in 2021 about intelligence and the ability to delay gratification in cuttlefish.



                The same day that I happened to read this, Rangers won the league and fireworks erupted everywhere.

                In the middle of the day.

                In broad daylight.

                Make of that what you will (and for the record, I'm English with no real dog in the fight!).

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Ms Diddles View Post
                  They arrived on Friday and they are rescues from Bahrain (it's a long story!)

                  Toffee settled right in immediately and is very cuddly, friendly and chilled.

                  Hazel is very nervous still and is basically living inside my piano and only venturing out occasionally.

                  You need to zoom in on the photo above to see her.

                  She's on the window sill behind the cat tree!

                  I toyed with the idea of giving them ripper- related names.

                  They were nearly Squibby and Mrs Fiddymont, however on arrival it became very apparent that they respond to the names given to them by their rescue mum.

                  Having had such turbulent lives and such an extreme change it seemed kinder to stick with what was familiar to them.

                  I will of course elaborate (Baron Toffee Von Floofenberg / Baroness Hazel de la Floof???)

                  I still miss my siamese soul mate terribly, but these guys are completely different and I love them already!
                  Hello, Mrs Diddles,

                  I'm so sorry for the delay in reading and answering this message! So happy that you have adopted new kitties!
                  Toffee looks like a part-Maine Coon cat, perhsps? Should survive the Glasgow winters well!

                  Thank you for sharing their photos and backstory. I'm sure you will all be happy together.

                  Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                  ---------------
                  Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                  ---------------

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post

                    Hello, Mrs Diddles,

                    I'm so sorry for the delay in reading and answering this message! So happy that you have adopted new kitties!
                    Toffee looks like a part-Maine Coon cat, perhsps? Should survive the Glasgow winters well!

                    Thank you for sharing their photos and backstory. I'm sure you will all be happy together.

                    Thanks Pat,

                    We are all getting along swimmingly already.

                    Yes, I think there may be a bit of Maine Coon in Toffee's ancestry.

                    He is quite a big boy with HUGE paws and strangely he loves water and will try to accompany me into the shower on occasion.

                    I know that's more of a Turkish Van thing, but I believe sometimes Maine Coon's are quite into water.

                    He looks quite imperious and aristocratic but he is actually a lovely big goofball!

                    Click image for larger version

Name:	20240608_234322.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	193.4 KB
ID:	835640

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Lovely photo, Ms Diddles! Has he attempted to play the piano yet?

                      Fur Elise, perhaps? Or a little Miaowzart?

                      Monty has similar features and is always trying to get in the shower, but he is not fluffy like Toffee. He will have been in our lives for ten years this August, as he was living next door when we moved here in 2014, and had previously lived in our house. When our neighbour moved to Torbay in 2017 we agreed to take over as his staff, so he would remain in familiar territory. He has always made it quite clear that he was here first!

                      Love,

                      Caz
                      X
                      "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov


                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by caz View Post
                        Lovely photo, Ms Diddles! Has he attempted to play the piano yet?

                        Fur Elise, perhaps? Or a little Miaowzart?

                        Monty has similar features and is always trying to get in the shower, but he is not fluffy like Toffee. He will have been in our lives for ten years this August, as he was living next door when we moved here in 2014, and had previously lived in our house. When our neighbour moved to Torbay in 2017 we agreed to take over as his staff, so he would remain in familiar territory. He has always made it quite clear that he was here first!

                        Love,

                        Caz
                        X
                        Sadly Caz the piano is still being monopolised by Toffee's wee sister, Hazel!

                        She lives in there during the day and can often be heard practicing her Henry Purrrrrrrcell concertos.

                        She is a tiny fire-cracker of a cat who only comes out at night to terrorise me and Toffee.

                        Ten years as Monty's staff?!

                        You are so lucky that he decided to take you under his wing and hired you.

                        What an honour!






                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X