Funny headline from where I live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChainzCooper View Post
    Cuba is a dump ask the millions of refugees in Florida and around the U.S. how great Castro is. He stole people's businesses and lands all for himself so that makes him a hero? Cuba has even now admitted that they got it wrong with this BS Che' revolution in opening the first Restaurant since the Batista regime this year
    Jordan
    My comments were confined to Cuba's health care, which is known world-wide to be excellent. I didn't even mention Castro.

Comment

I don't know Dave, which of the two types of posters would you file me under?
      Certainly not in the same category as Limehouse.

Dave

Comment

Nobody in health insurance gives a crap about their customers health? Are you serious?
        Jordan
        Are you capable of doing anything other than asking rhetorical questions?

Let all Oz be agreed;
        I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Jordan,

Let me explain some things to you. For profit health care must be concerned primarily with profit. This means that paying for medical procedures that would reduce profit, is against the whole purpose of the system. That's why it doesn't work right. That's why officers in the corporations are always trying to find ways to NOT have to pay for procedures. There are good people that do care in the companies, but it isn't the board of directors.

Vouchers: I shouldn't get started on that, but it's the same thing. The idea of privatizing education sounds great to many people. They think it means choice. What it will mean is cutting costs, more students in classrooms, and the real reason for having the system: Dissolution of a perceived liberal power base, i.e., the teachers' union.

Your see it isn't about freedom of choice for parents. It was what idiot parents believe, but it isn't what the plan is. The plan is to undermine the liberal power base thereby strengthening the conservative one. It has nothing to do with religion, choice, or better education except to the blind automatons who listen to the drivel. It's about regaining power. It's that simple.

Glad I could help.

Mike
          huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Ally View Post
            Are you capable of doing anything other than asking rhetorical questions?
            Thats not a rhetorical question! I was asking if you honestly think no one in health insurance cares about their customers
            Jordan

Comment

Originally posted by The Good Michael View Post
              Jordan,

Let me explain some things to you. For profit health care must be concerned primarily with profit. This means that paying for medical procedures that would reduce profit, is against the whole purpose of the system. That's why it doesn't work right. That's why officers in the corporations are always trying to find ways to NOT have to pay for procedures. There are good people that do care in the companies, but it isn't the board of directors.

Vouchers: I shouldn't get started on that, but it's the same thing. The idea of privatizing education sounds great to many people. They think it means choice. What it will mean is cutting costs, more students in classrooms, and the real reason for having the system: Dissolution of a perceived liberal power base, i.e., the teachers' union.

Your see it isn't about freedom of choice for parents. It was what idiot parents believe, but it isn't what the plan is. The plan is to undermine the liberal power base thereby strengthening the conservative one. It has nothing to do with religion, choice, or better education except to the blind automatons who listen to the drivel. It's about regaining power. It's that simple.

Glad I could help.

Mike
              For profit health care must be concerned with profit? Oh my god dude I didn't know that thanks so much for filling me in. EVERYONE is concerned with profit and making money! This notion of 'I'm not in it for the money' is BS nobody thinks that way, come on. Who mentioned anything about vouchers? I've never typed a posting about that at all on here.Bottom line is if some people on the board think that smoking should be outlawed on sidewalks to benefit the 'greater good', that Cuba is a thriving oasis in the Caribbean, and that health insurers are akin to Drug Dealers and pimps then fine, think that way. I chose however to think that these are extreme and dangerous opinions to have
              Jordan
              Last edited by ChainzCooper; 08-10-2012, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Thats not a rhetorical question! I was asking if you honestly think no one in health insurance cares about their customers
                Jordan
                Are you insane? On the one hand you post this: "This notion of 'I'm not in it for the money' is BS nobody thinks that way, come on." And then you ask if I honestly think no one in health insurance cares about their customers. OF COURSE THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS.

If they cared about their customers, they wouldn't deny procedures saying they aren't needed when the patients DOCTORS say they are. Insurance companies are refusing to pay for procedures, even when they patient will die if they don't get it. You think that's "caring for their customers"? When a teenager dies because the insurance company wouldn't pay for the liver transplant? or the five year old who would have died because the insurance company refused to pay for his cancer treatment? A tab that was paid for by the tax payer instead??

What you were looking for wasn't found. Maybe we can help you figure out where to go.

Or what about the thousands of routine tests to screen that patients are denied? Denied coverage for MRIs that would early detect cancer, and which go undiagnosed until it's too late?

Google and read how many people are denied preventive care by their insurance companies and then are denied care once they are diagnosed. WAKE THE EFF UP.

Read how many people can't even GET insurance because they have an illness that is entirely beyond their control, or denied because they had asthma as a child.

Read how many people had their insurance cancelled when they were diagnosed with an illness after they had paid all their insurance premiums faithfully.

You really have no clue. Of course insurance companies don't care about their customers. They care about the PROFIT. And you don't make a profit if you pay money for things like tests and life-saving procedures.

Health care, and I know this is hard to understand, is actually NECESSARY to maintaining ones life. More even than the POLICE FORCE you pay for, the FIRE DEPARTMENT you pay for, THE ROAD SYSTEM you pay for -- ALL not for profit. And yet, when it comes to actually KEEPING PEOPLE ALIVE, suddenly "for profit" and the bottom line is vital. It's very interesting what morons in this society prioritize. Road maintenance is apparently more important than body maintenance. Daft freaking idjits.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

Originally posted by Ally View Post
                  Are you insane? On the one hand you post this: "This notion of 'I'm not in it for the money' is BS nobody thinks that way, come on." And then you ask if I honestly think no one in health insurance cares about their customers. OF COURSE THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS.

If they cared about their customers, they wouldn't deny procedures saying they aren't needed when the patients DOCTORS say they are. Insurance companies are refusing to pay for procedures, even when they patient will die if they don't get it. You think that's "caring for their customers"? When a teenager dies because the insurance company wouldn't pay for the liver transplant? or the five year old who would have died because the insurance company refused to pay for his cancer treatment? A tab that was paid for by the tax payer instead??

What you were looking for wasn't found. Maybe we can help you figure out where to go.

Or what about the thousands of routine tests to screen that patients are denied? Denied coverage for MRIs that would early detect cancer, and which go undiagnosed until it's too late?

Google and read how many people are denied preventive care by their insurance companies and then are denied care once they are diagnosed. WAKE THE EFF UP.

Read how many people can't even GET insurance because they have an illness that is entirely beyond their control, or denied because they had asthma as a child.

Read how many people had their insurance cancelled when they were diagnosed with an illness after they had paid all their insurance premiums faithfully.

You really have no clue. Of course insurance companies don't care about their customers. They care about the PROFIT. And you don't make a profit if you pay money for things like tests and life-saving procedures.

Health care, and I know this is hard to understand, is actually NECESSARY to maintaining ones life. More even than the POLICE FORCE you pay for, the FIRE DEPARTMENT you pay for, THE ROAD SYSTEM you pay for -- ALL not for profit. And yet, when it comes to actually KEEPING PEOPLE ALIVE, suddenly "for profit" and the bottom line is vital. It's very interesting what morons in this society prioritize. Road maintenance is apparently more important than body maintenance. Daft freaking idjits.
                  For some reason you equate making profit with not caring about anyone. Sorry if that makes me insane for questioning this notion. Businesses (including health insurance) are in it not only to make money but to also help their customers! Insurers are not evil people they're people just like you and me! Do you really think insurers pay out ZERO claims that are filed? This is clearly not the case
                  Jordan

Comment

Yeah I can tell you took the time to actually read and acquire knowledge before coming back with your rote idiocy. Bye now, off to more intelligent debate.

Let all Oz be agreed;

Comment

You've got to respect the NHS

As someone who last November had a minor heart attack and was subsequently diagnosed with Angina, I've surely just got to place myself at Ally's side haven't I?

For the record, the much maligned UK National Health Service (which I've never much used in the past) have been absolutely f***ingly brilliant...I had all tests and an angiogram on the first day I turned up ill...I've had my overall situation totally laid out, and my choices identified...I've been tested and fully informed of my options, and I have to say, I've not only been respectfully treated, but I've been offered (absolutely free) MRI Scans just to confirm the right diagnosis has been made...(in fact everything bar the drugs has been totally free at point of delivery)....

We in the UK moan and complain of having to pay a fee for prescription drugs...well yes we do...over £7 for an individual shot...but by pre-paying on a monthly direct debit I get the seven prescriptions per day I need for only £10.40 per month...that's just over $16 ...and if I hadn't been in work it would've been totally free...to me that's brilliant...no arguments even considered!

All the best

Dave

Comment

Wow hope your health is going okay Dave
                        Jordan

Comment

My health's fine Jordan (well as fine as it might be bearing in mind the circumstances!) and I offer up my own case just as an example of how things might be....

All the best

Dave

Comment

For profit health care must be concerned with profit? Oh my god dude I didn't know that thanks so much for filling me in. EVERYONE is concerned with profit and making money! This notion of 'I'm not in it for the money' is BS nobody thinks that way, come on. Who mentioned anything about vouchers? I've never typed a posting about that at all on here.Bottom line is if some people on the board think that smoking should be outlawed on sidewalks to benefit the 'greater good', that Cuba is a thriving oasis in the Caribbean, and that health insurers are akin to Drug Dealers and pimps then fine, think that way. I chose however to think that these are extreme and dangerous opinions to have
                            Jordan
                            Jordan, this thread started off well, and I was perfectly prepared to have a sensible debate. However, you persist in mis-quoting and mis-representing what other poster have written.

The one and only thing I wrote about Cuba was concerning its healthcare service which does not treat people on their ability to pay.

The points I made about smoking were that the government has a duty to inform people about the dangers of smoking and they have a duty to protect citzens from other people's actions (breathing in their smoke).

Maybe I am getting old, but it seems to me my points are reasonable and don't add up to me being the kind of citizen who should be regarded with suspicion.

One last thing, I have highlighted you comment about - everybody is concerned with profit and money'. With respect Jordan, I think you are going to struggle a bit if you go through life believing this.

Comment

Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
                              As someone who last November had a minor heart attack and was subsequently diagnosed with Angina, I've surely just got to place myself at Ally's side haven't I?

For the record, the much maligned UK National Health Service (which I've never much used in the past) have been absolutely f***ingly brilliant...I had all tests and an angiogram on the first day I turned up ill...I've had my overall situation totally laid out, and my choices identified...I've been tested and fully informed of my options, and I have to say, I've not only been respectfully treated, but I've been offered (absolutely free) MRI Scans just to confirm the right diagnosis has been made...(in fact everything bar the drugs has been totally free at point of delivery)....

We in the UK moan and complain of having to pay a fee for prescription drugs...well yes we do...over £7 for an individual shot...but by pre-paying on a monthly direct debit I get the seven prescriptions per day I need for only £10.40 per month...that's just over $16 ...and if I hadn't been in work it would've been totally free...to me that's brilliant...no arguments even considered!

All the best

Dave

Sorry to hear about this Dave. Hope you are well on the road to recovery. Look after yourself.

Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post

All the best

Dave
                                Hello Dave,

I'm sorry you had such a fright but glad to hear you are progressing well.

I think we are VERY FORTUNATE both in the United Kingdom and Sweden with our health care systems and I feel sorry for people in countries such as the USA who have to rely on another system. Of course, we complain about waiting lists, etc., although I have an anecdotal story about that! Some years ago I was having terrible trouble with my left thumb - the pain was agonizing and I couldn't move it. I was sent to the hospital to see a hand surgeon and I was told he would operate on my hand as soon as possible - which turned out to be six months(!). By the time I received my call for the operation my thumb had healed itself!

Please look after yourself, Dave, and be a good boy and do what both your doctor and your wife tell you.

Carol xxx

Comment

Working...
                                X