Horror Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RivkahChaya View Post
    Have you ever seen Mystery of the Wax Museum? !
    Mystery of the Wax Museum is available on Youtube, for anyone who's interested.
    “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

Night of the Lepus was hilarious.
      They basically set a bunch of rabbits loose in a doll house and film them nuzzling the toy furniture in slow motion. Classic.

The worse "nature's revenge" movie ever was "Frogs" however. It was truly, truly awful. Not even funny awful.
      “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

Originally posted by Magpie View Post
        Night of the Lepus was hilarious.
        They basically set a bunch of rabbits loose in a doll house and film them nuzzling the toy furniture in slow motion. Classic.
        I don't think that was slow motion. I think that how real, tame rabbits move when they are that well-fed, and have very little motive to do much of anything. [/sarcasm]
        Last edited by RivkahChaya; 03-08-2013, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Fetch thou the Holy Handgrenade (First book of Armnaments)

The best Killer Bunny is still the one in Python's Holy Grail!

All the best

Dave

Comment

I'm still waiting for the docudrama of the time that then-Pres. Carter was attacked by a "swamp rabbit."

ETA: the capybaras mentioned in the link are really quite adorable.

Last edited by RivkahChaya; 03-09-2013, 01:08 AM.

Comment

I just had a revelation: we accidentally left the TV on when I went to take my son to school, and when we got back Max and Ruby was on. That's showed has always unnerved me, because Max is one creepy little lepus, even if he's only supposed to be about two. It wouldn't surprise me if he grew up to be a serial killer.

Comment

Does anyone remember a TV horror drama called ' Snow Beast '. It was set in a skiing resort in the Rockies,in the early eighties. The beast scared me; i was about seven.
                SCORPIO

Comment

How about Killdozer!?
                  This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpio View Post
                    Does anyone remember a TV horror drama called ' Snow Beast '. It was set in a skiing resort in the Rockies,in the early eighties. The beast scared me; i was about seven.
                    That sounds exactly like a Scooby-doo episode from the original series called "That's Snow Ghost!"

Of course, it also sounds vaguely like a lot of bad TV horror films from the 80s.

Something that gave me nightmares for weeks, that I saw when I was about seven, took me literally 37 years to track down, but I did finally get a grainy DVD copy of it. What I remembered from when I was seven was a ghost wandering around a hospital, and losing parts, so that you eventually had a handless, legless ghost with empty eye sockets floating (through the magic of double exposure) around, as parts of him were transplanted onto other people. It turned out [SPOILER ALERT] that he'd been murdered, and the people with the transplants begin to have memory flashes limited to the part of the body they had-- the woman with the eyes saw what had happened, but out of context, the guy with the hands kept waking up and pounding on the door to get out of the room, but didn't know why. One of the doctors puts it all together, so to speak. Mainly, I remembered the creepy ghost losing parts.

Of course, when I finally saw it, the production values were lousy-- like, people would bump into sets, and they'd be clearly made out of cardboard and Styrofoam, and the acting was, umm, maybe they just got the script the night before, but the worst part was that the murdered guy turned out to be a total tool, who had almost deserved it-- if it had happened today, his wife might have gotten off with "battered woman's syndrome." I had either missed that part, or just not understood it, when I was seven. It was really a bad dramatic choice on the part of the scriptwriter, but it's almost not fair to critique it, because that was the most down-and-out looking hospital anywhere. I wouldn't go there to have a splinter pulled, let alone experimental hand-transplant surgery. By the same guy who transplants eyeballs. Geez. Spring for a second actor.

But cripes, did that give me nightmares when I was seven.

Comment

Originally posted by sdreid View Post
                      How about Killdozer!?
                      My nominee for very worst monster ever, even worse than the bunny-rabbits on Night of the Lepus, was the monster of Survival Island (aka, Demon Island): a killer pinata. Seriously. Not making it up (OK, it's a demon-possessed pinata, as if that makes a difference). It makes the guy in the gorilla suit and diver's helmet from Robot Monster look scary. If the movie were campy, it might be really funny, but it's not even Plan 9 from Outer Space. The people who are in it look like it was either make this movie, spend the weekend in jail after some frat kegger got waaay out of hand.

Comment

Originally posted by RivkahChaya View Post
                        That sounds exactly like a Scooby-doo episode from the original series called "That's Snow Ghost!"

Of course, it also sounds vaguely like a lot of bad TV horror films from the 80s.

Something that gave me nightmares for weeks, that I saw when I was about seven, took me literally 37 years to track down, but I did finally get a grainy DVD copy of it. What I remembered from when I was seven was a ghost wandering around a hospital, and losing parts, so that you eventually had a handless, legless ghost with empty eye sockets floating (through the magic of double exposure) around, as parts of him were transplanted onto other people. It turned out [SPOILER ALERT] that he'd been murdered, and the people with the transplants begin to have memory flashes limited to the part of the body they had-- the woman with the eyes saw what had happened, but out of context, the guy with the hands kept waking up and pounding on the door to get out of the room, but didn't know why. One of the doctors puts it all together, so to speak. Mainly, I remembered the creepy ghost losing parts.

Of course, when I finally saw it, the production values were lousy-- like, people would bump into sets, and they'd be clearly made out of cardboard and Styrofoam, and the acting was, umm, maybe they just got the script the night before, but the worst part was that the murdered guy turned out to be a total tool, who had almost deserved it-- if it had happened today, his wife might have gotten off with "battered woman's syndrome." I had either missed that part, or just not understood it, when I was seven. It was really a bad dramatic choice on the part of the scriptwriter, but it's almost not fair to critique it, because that was the most down-and-out looking hospital anywhere. I wouldn't go there to have a splinter pulled, let alone experimental hand-transplant surgery. By the same guy who transplants eyeballs. Geez. Spring for a second actor.

But cripes, did that give me nightmares when I was seven.
                        I was a Scooby fan; but i didn't like Scappy much.
                        Snow Beast was written by Joe Stefano: writer of Psycho.
                        Perhaps, he was having a trouble paying the rent.
                        Bo Svenson,Yvette Mimieux,Clint Walker, and Robert Logan starred.
                        Its a Colorado Yeti movie.
                        SCORPIO

Comment

Originally posted by sdreid View Post
                          How about Killdozer!?
                          Any horror movie with a machine in the title is Z grade.
                          ' I bought a vampire motorcylce.'
                          ' The car. '
                          ' Driller Killer '
                          Machines are not scary. I would laugh in a homicidal milk floats face
                          SCORPIO

Comment

Any horror movie with a machine in the title is Z grade.
                            ' I bought a vampire motorcylce.'
                            ' The car. '
                            ' Driller Killer '
                            Machines are not scary. I would laugh in a homicidal milk floats face
                            Check out The Mangler. A mangler is an old hand cranked machine clothes wringer, and this movie is about a possessed one. It is still scarier than the movie about the possessed pinata, mostly due to having good actors who agreed to be in it inexplicably.
                            I was a Scooby fan; but i didn't like Scappy much.
                            Everyone hated Scrappy. Every. One. You could make a TV show with nothing but Cousin Oliver, the second Darrin Stephens, Coy and Vance Duke, and Jar-Jar Binks, and people would watch it before they'd watch a "Scrappy" episode of Scooby-doo. Did you see the live action Scooby-doo movie? It was generally lukewarm, except for the 4-star ending, a gift to Scrappy haters everywhere, which is pretty much every American born after 1964.
                            Snow Beast was written by Joe Stefano: writer of Psycho.
                            Couldn't get any hits one "Snow Beast" at IMdb, so I tried "Snow Creature," and tried it as "plot," and "key words." I finally found it under Joseph Stephano. Turns out "Snowbeast" is one word. Wow. You'd think IMDb would be smarter then that. People must make that kind of entry error all the time, especially since, if I were using an autocorrect feature, it would have separated the words even if I'd entered them correctly. Correctly for the movie, anyway.

Comment

SNOWBEAST! Oh, what a grand memory from when I was about 10 years old. I have always been very into cryptozoology so this movie about a killer Bigfoot absolutely captivated me back then. I thought it was terrifying. Tracked it down on video in adulthood so I could relive that memory and found, as I suspected, that on a second viewing it was pretty goofy. I've seen a lot of movies where you don't get a full view of the monster until late in the film, but in this one when that finally happens we literally only get to see a few seconds of him. And then he is shot a bunch of times, which slows him down a bit. And then he is killed- by being stabbed with a ski pole. Oh well. He did have a really scary roar. Best actor in the film (which did not have any actors that could be called stellar) was Robert Logan, more famous for the "Wilderness Family" movies of the 1970s which I remember enjoying very much. The first one of those had a very scary grizzly bear in it called Three-Toes that seemed almost too much for a family-friendly film.

"The Car." Oh yeah, I remember that one too. A big black sedan with no driver that is possessed by the Devil and goes around running over people. Can't drive across holy ground so you're safe to hide in a cemetery. Bullets bounced off it. Driver's door flew opened suddenly to knock down the guy trying to shoot it. Defeated in the end, if I recall correctly, by being led to drive off a cliff that had been rigged with dynamite that then detonated and brought the whole cliff face collapsing down upon it. Loved it as a kid. If I saw it today, I'm sure I would laugh.

Comment

Oh, and couldn't fail to mention this. I just acheived a goal I've had for many years. I have acquired a VHS tape of "The Vulture," which I mentioned in post #14 as being a movie I saw on tv in my childhood that absolutely SCARED THE HELL OUT OF ME. Half man-half bird creature with a vendetta against an English family, stalking them one by one, luring them out on to balconies and then an eerie flapping of wings and then terrifying talons come down and grab them by the shoulders and whisk them away to a gruesome fate! At least that's how I remember it. For many years I have wanted to see it again to see if it would seem funny today or if it still chills. It was out of print, unavailalbe, for the longest time. Then I found it on Amazon.com for some staggeringly expensive price. Finally, this month, I saw one affordable copy listed. It arrived yesterday. I haven't watched it yet. Has anyone else seen this and if so how do you remember it?
                                Last edited by kensei; 03-12-2013, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X