Mozilla Firefox Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mozilla Firefox Issues

Mozilla have managed to blow up Firefox bigly. I really wish I'd looked online before deciding I'd wrecked it screwing around, and wiping and reinstalling everything.

If you're getting the message that all of your add-ons are disabled for security reasons, and when you try to reload new copies you get a "connection failed" message, that's on the Mozilla end. The add-on is actually downloading fine - there's some line in the manifest file now that's causing a failure that pops that connection message when you try to auto-install. A manual unpack and install gives a corrupt file message. Don't go flailing away like I did and make it worse. Presumably they're aware of this, and trying to fix it.
    - Ginger

Originally posted by Ginger View Post
    Mozilla have managed to blow up Firefox bigly. I really wish I'd looked online before deciding I'd wrecked it screwing around, and wiping and reinstalling everything.

If you're getting the message that all of your add-ons are disabled for security reasons, and when you try to reload new copies you get a "connection failed" message, that's on the Mozilla end. The add-on is actually downloading fine - there's some line in the manifest file now that's causing a failure that pops that connection message when you try to auto-install. A manual unpack and install gives a corrupt file message. Don't go flailing away like I did and make it worse. Presumably they're aware of this, and trying to fix it.
    Hi Ginger,

From my Luddite perspective you might equally well have just made that post in Swahili.

In any case I’m not much of a monster movie buff so I haven’t seen Mozilla vs Firefox. I might wait until it comes out on VHS.
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

Hi Ginger,

From my Luddite perspective you might equally well have just made that post in Swahili.

In any case I’m not much of a monster movie buff so I haven’t seen Mozilla vs Firefox. I might wait until it comes out on VHS.
      Well, the short version is if Firefox started giving weird errors last night, leave it alone, and wait for them to fix it. Despite what it says, the failure isn't on your end.
      - Ginger

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger View Post

Well, the short version is if Firefox started giving weird errors last night, leave it alone, and wait for them to fix it. Despite what it says, the failure isn't on your end.
        Cheers for the advice Ginger. I don’t think it applies to me as I have an iPad but it’s certainly valuable info for those of us who are less computer savvy than you are. I just happen to be less computer savvy than almost everyone.
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Working...
        X