Thousands of Boy Scout Leaders Face Child Sex Allegations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thousands of Boy Scout Leaders Face Child Sex Allegations

More alarming details have surfaced about how many people were listed in the Boy Scouts of America’s “perversion files,” according to lawyers who demand the full release of thousands of names of alleged offenders in the files. Nearly 200 of them are from New York and New Jersey.

c.d.

Never had any sexual encounters in Boy Scouts. I did learn how to roll a joint, how to make home-made fireworks, and how to make an emergency hashpipe out of a soda can using only my scout knife, though. Let no-one say you can't learn useful, real-world skills there.
    - Ginger

Comment

You see more abuse cases in scoutmasters, teachers and doctors, but it's always priests that are stereotyped as pedos.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
        You see more abuse cases in scoutmasters, teachers and doctors, but it's always priests that are stereotyped as pedos.
        No more than scoutmasters, I think. It's interesting to me as well that policemen, surely authority figures on a par with these others, are so seldom implicated.
        - Ginger

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger View Post

No more than scoutmasters, I think. It's interesting to me as well that policemen, surely authority figures on a par with these others, are so seldom implicated.
          It's not just authority, but opportunity, I guess. A priest or scout-leader is more likely to be in regular contact with children (scouts or choristers), making them more attractive jobs for would-be groomers/abusers than the police force.
          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Never had any sexual encounters in Boy Scouts. I did learn how to roll a joint, how to make home-made fireworks, and how to make an emergency hashpipe out of a soda can using only my scout knife, though. Let no-one say you can't learn useful, real-world skills there.
            lol. made many a pipe in wood shop at school and a bong in science lab.

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

lol. made many a pipe in wood shop at school and a bong in science lab.
              Eton’’’s certainly gone down the pan since Macnaghten’s day Abby
              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

An "emergency" hashpipe? Nice going! A scout is always prepared.

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

Eton’’’s certainly gone down the pan since Macnaghten’s day Abby
                  they don't call it high school for nothing ; )

Comment

they don't call it high school for nothing ; )
                    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

a bong in science lab.

Comment

Working...
                      X