Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm new here & want to send a hearty 'Hello!' to everyone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm new here & want to send a hearty 'Hello!' to everyone.

G'Evening Gents',

Just registered a short time ago, and wanted to introduce myself & say hi to everyone. Like most of you I assume, I have been absolutely fascinated with this case since I was a young boy. I cannot wrap my head around how brutally horrific these murders were/are, and of course the accompanying mindset/lust that drove this man. The "Double Event," as it were, is the part of the case I simply find unbelievable, and I have spent many an evening trying to logically play this out in my head, and attempt to fully grasp just how disturbed this man was.. To be "interrupted" during his first attempt at slaughtering Elizabeth Stride, and not being fully "satisfied," that he risked everything to attack yet ANOTHER woman, Catherine Eddowes, just a few short moments later in such a ridiculously reckless move, I believe speaks to, and sums up, just how depraved and "possessed" this man was - he had NO control, he HAD to do it, and therein lies the fact that there was NO logic. To have such a LUST inside that needed to be filled, regardless of the consequences, simply boggles my mind. If anyone has some great links or articles where I can read more about his "psychological/behavioral profile," I would be much obliged, as any insight as to what was going on in that head of his would be a fantastic read.

Once again all, I look forward to chatting with all of you.

-Cheers

No to be nit picky but lots of Non-Gents here too.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Hi Maybe and welcome

the Double Event I agree is the most interesting night. While MJK was a more extreme act, the Double Event shows us some of the killer’s characteristics more clearly.

ofcourse, as you’ll find here, there are people who will question a lot of aspects of the case, including whether it actually was a double event and two separate events.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
        No to be nit picky but lots of Non-Gents here too.

"Nit picky" in and of itself lol, but yeah, when first writing it, I actually considered putting: "G'Evening Gents' & Madam's," but then realized we're grown ups, and only the PC/SJW's would get offended over silly dribble.

-Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Kattrup View Post
          Hi Maybe and welcome

the Double Event I agree is the most interesting night. While MJK was a more extreme act, the Double Event shows us some of the killer’s characteristics more clearly.

ofcourse, as you’ll find here, there are people who will question a lot of aspects of the case, including whether it actually was a double event and two separate events.
          Thank you for the warm welcome friend.

You see, this is exactly the reason I got on board here, because there are a PLETHORA of ideas, theories and opinions that I can't wait to read & share. I had no idea that some believe these two events occured separate from one another; I have so much to study now - excellent!

Me thinks I'll dive straight into the new DNA "evidence" (hehe..) thread, in regards to Aaron Kosminski, who was always at the top of my list with Cohen and a few others.

Take care man & thanks again!

Comment

it was Jesus

Comment

Originally posted by RockySullivan View Post
              it was Jesus
              Haha, true!

-Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Maybe it was Jesus? View Post

"Nit picky" in and of itself lol, but yeah, when first writing it, I actually considered putting: "G'Evening Gents' & Madam's," but then realized we're grown ups, and only the PC/SJW's would get offended over silly dribble.

-Cheers
                That's as may be, but I can assure you that the Grammar Nazis of the board are distressed by your use of the possessive case as a substitute for the plural.
                - Ginger

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger View Post

That's as may be, but I can assure you that the Grammar Nazis of the board are distressed by your use of the possessive case as a substitute for the plural.
                  Haha, kk, all good, I'm here five minutes and I can already see I've hit a nerve lol. Further, I don't actually know what that means haha, and I'm too lazy to google it, but by all means keep it coming!

Either way, I'm here to learn & discuss all things 'Jack the Ripper,' ergo, I'm going to move away from this thread & let you hash it out and dissect it with the other SJW's & Snowflakes.

-Cheers & a good day to you fine Sir! -

Comment

Originally posted by Maybe it was Jesus? View Post

-Cheers
                    But plenty here don’t fall into either of those categories either.
                    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Lol

But I’m o grammar Nazi, still bugs me
                      G U T

Comment

Lol

But I’m o grammar Nazi, still bugs me
                        I would think that the law is a profession that by its nature pretty much demands an absolutist attitude toward grammar.
                        - Ginger

Comment

I would think that the law is a profession that by its nature pretty much demands an absolutist attitude toward grammar.
                          I do very little written work, mainly oral, where correct grammar can be an obstacle to getting the message across to some of your audience. I often listen to some speakers and think ‘wish I could talk purrty like that” but then realise they have lost their audience.

must be genetic, one of my ancestors was a clergyman, favoured by the Royals of the day who wrote “Princess Miny says his sermons are terribly interesting, but his pronounciation is atrocious”
                          G U T

Comment

I do very little written work, mainly oral, where correct grammar can be an obstacle to getting the message across to some of your audience. I often listen to some speakers and think ‘wish I could talk purrty like that” but then realise they have lost their audience.

must be genetic, one of my ancestors was a clergyman, favoured by the Royals of the day who wrote “Princess Miny says his sermons are terribly interesting, but his pronounciation is atrocious”
                            Oh, yes! I love to hear myself talk, and more than once, I've been bloviating away, imagining myself to be declaiming with wit and authority like some strange cross between Cotton Mather and Oscar Wilde, only to find myself met by a sea of blank, mildly nervous stares, like those of puzzled sheep.

I recognize the Princess Amelia's pet name for her sister, but not the reference. I'm curious to learn who your ancestor was.
                            Last edited by Ginger; 03-28-2019, 03:29 AM.
                            - Ginger

Comment

Oh, yes! I love to hear myself talk, and more than once, I've been bloviating away, imagining myself to be declaiming with wit and authority like some strange cross between Cotton Mather and Oscar Wilde, only to find myself met by a sea of blank, mildly nervous stares, like those of puzzled sheep.

I recognize the Princess Amelia's pet name for her sister, but not the reference. I'm curious to learn who your ancestor was.
                              A somewhat unknown Cleryman from Dorset who somehow became a bit of a favourite of the Royals, mentioned a few times in correspondence by George III and mentioned in the memoirs of Charlotte Augusta, made a household chaplain to one of George’s sons, but seems noteworthy for little else.

G U T

Comment

Working...
                              X