Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ginger
    replied

Woohoo! Special Prosecutor appointed to make sure that Mr.Smollett gets the impartial justice that he so publicly demanded.

A high-profile former U.S. Attorney was appointed special prosecutor Friday morning to re-examine the Jussie Smollett case and why charges were abruptly dropped against him.

And, from almost two months ago, although I missed it at the time:

New video obtained by Fox News shows the Osundairo brothers and Jussie Smollett walking outside on the night of the alleged attack in Chicago; Matt Finn reports.

New video obtained by Fox News shows the Osundairo brothers and Jussie Smollett walking outside on the night of the alleged attack in Chicago.

Leave a comment:

• Ginger
    replied
    The affair grinds along...

The article has links to an online repository of the case documents.

Leave a comment:

• rjpalmer
    replied
    Abby - the discrepancy came about because Smollett's bond was $100,000, but one is only required to relinquish 10% to get out on bail. A few early reports this morning stated that he gave up the whole kit and caboodle, but you're right; this doesn't appear to be the case--it was mere chump change: 10K. But really, what's a misplaced decimal point or two when you're a member of the smart set?

Leave a comment:

• Abby Normal
    replied
    Originally posted by rjpalmer View Post

It has nothing to do with race, or being black or white.

It has to do with being wealthy.

Smollett willingly forfeited his $100,000 bond in a backroom plea deal to drop the charges. For most people, it smells of bribery. You can't afford to drop the $100K? The trial proceeds.

You may not have notice before, Harry, but wealthy people seldom go to jail in the U.S. unless they have bad lawyers.
    actually it was only 10K. but I agree. its wealth and priveledge. But its also corruption in the Chicago DA office. something more going on here-the DA recused herself and Michelle Obama also contacted her and asked if the FBI could be the ones to investigate. something is fishy.

But this is total bullshit. and sad. another example of our skewed justice system and failure of our political leaders.

Leave a comment:

• Harry D
    replied

That was my point.

I don’t want to hear anything more about how white people are overprivileged and above the law when a black actor gets sixteen felony charges tossed out of court.

Like you said, it’s all down to wealth, class and connections.

Leave a comment:

• Simon Wood
    replied
    Hi RJ,

Yes, indeed. American Justice: the best that money can buy.

Regards,

Simon

Leave a comment:

• rjpalmer
    replied
    Originally posted by Harry D View Post
    Smollett off the hook. Charges dropped

Tell me more about white privilege.

It has to do with being wealthy.

Smollett willingly forfeited his $100,000 bond in a backroom plea deal to drop the charges. For most people, it smells of bribery. You can't afford to drop the $100K? The trial proceeds.

You may not have notice before, Harry, but wealthy people seldom go to jail in the U.S. unless they have bad lawyers.

Leave a comment:

• Harry D
    replied
    Smollett off the hook. Charges dropped

Tell me more about white privilege.

Leave a comment:

• Ginger
    replied
    https://pagesix.com/2019/03/22/union...smollett-case/

"Chicago'’s police union has demanded a federal investigation into the county’'s top prosecutor for allegedly interfering in the Jussie Smollett case after being contacted by Michelle Obama'’s former chief of staff..."

Leave a comment:

• Harry D
    replied
    Do you mean to tell me there aren’t MAGA supporters cruising downtown Chicago in subzero temperatures on the off-chance they can lynch an obscure gay black actor?

Hope they throw the book at Smollett for this hoax. If it hadn’t been so implausible it might have stated a race riot.

Leave a comment:

• Abby Normal
    replied
    Originally posted by DirectorDave View Post

Yeah, looks like he sent the letter....as it has fake ricin he could be up on federal terrorism charges too.

I had to check if Munchhausen was still in the DSM 5, I thought it would be lobbed in with another personality disorder by now, but it is still in.

My pop psychology makes me think he is more borderline.
    yeah but he did injure himself to propagate the hoax so theres that

Leave a comment:

• Svensson
    replied
    Seriously, George Conway is on to something here. How come, this is not called the Donald Trump Disorder ?

Narcissistic personality disorder

Symptoms
    Signs and symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder and the severity of symptoms vary. People with the disorder can:

Have an exaggerated sense of self-importance
    Have a sense of entitlement and require constant, excessive admiration
    Expect to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it
    Exaggerate achievements and talents
    Be preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate
    Believe they are superior and can only associate with equally special people
    Monopolize conversations and belittle or look down on people they perceive as inferior
    Expect special favors and unquestioning compliance with their expectations
    Take advantage of others to get what they want
    Have an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others
    Be envious of others and believe others envy them
    Behave in an arrogant or haughty manner, coming across as conceited, boastful and pretentious
    Insist on having the best of everything — for instance, the best car or office

At the same time, people with narcissistic personality disorder have trouble handling anything they perceive as criticism, and they can:

Become impatient or angry when they don't receive special treatment
    Have significant interpersonal problems and easily feel slighted
    React with rage or contempt and try to belittle the other person to make themselves appear superior
    Have difficulty regulating emotions and behavior
    Experience major problems dealing with stress and adapting to change
    Feel depressed and moody because they fall short of perfection
    Have secret feelings of insecurity, shame, vulnerability and humiliation

Serious discussion: is this a 95% match for DJT or a 100% match? Each bullet point could be decorated with 3 or 4 examples from the world of DJT. And that's just off the top of my head (a big head, the most amazing big head ever. I have shown my head to some of my colleagues, and they couldn't believe what a beautiful head I have ...)

Leave a comment:

• Svensson
    replied
    Originally posted by Ginger View Post

Except, of course, that Trump engaged in no conspiracy with Cohen. Haven't you been following the news?
    Yes, we have all be reading the news but I think the above statement of "Trump engaged in no conspiracy with Cohen" is quite a stretch, no? So, just to make sure that we all are on the same page, here are the facts:

Cohen was convicted (amongst other things) for Campaign finance violations, i.e. for the payment to Stormy Daniels. Quote from https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politic...gn-finance-law:
    • "During the 2016 election, Cohen paid $130,000 to adult film actress Stephanie Clifford, known as Stormy Daniels, and arranged for a publishing company to pay $150,000 to model Karen McDougal for her story in exchange for the women agreeing to not go public with allegations that they had affairs with Trump. (Trump has denied having affairs with either Clifford or McDougal.)
    • Prosecutors said the purpose of the hush payments was to influence the 2016 election, and treated them as campaign contributions, which are subject to restrictions under the Federal Election Campaign Act.
    • Cohen’s payment to Clifford, they said, exceeded the $2,700 limit on personal contributions to a single candidate for an election. The payment he helped arrange for McDougal flouted the ban on corporations contributing directly to campaigns."
    Further to this, Cohen stated that he had done this at the direction to Donald Trump and provided audio evidence that proved that Cohen and Trump were talking about HOW the payments should be made. Finally, Cohen alleged that he was later re-reimbursed by various payments from Trump and the Trump Organisation with the express aim to obfuscate the purpose of the payments. This was done with the knowledge of Trump Org CFO Alan Weizelberg ("Weizelberg, straight ahead!", lol....) and Trump, thus making it a three-person conspiracy. These are the allegations and this is currently investigated by SDNY.

Finally, AMI (the National Enquirer publisher) had agreed to co-operate with the Special Counsel and admitted publically and in court that "it made the $150,000 payment in concert with Trump's campaign,"(https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/12/fede...-immunity.html)

So there are two independent allegations and they have both been stated in court:
    1. That Trump has conspired with Cohen and AMI to commit campaign finance violations in the Karen McDougal case.
    2. That Trump has conspired with Cohen to commit campaign finance violations in the Stormy Daniels case.

Thing is, all of this has not yet been tested in court, which is the only reason why "Trump engaged in no conspiracy with Cohen" can just about still be stated as fact. But if you had to put a thousand bucks on it, where would your money honestly go?
    Last edited by Svensson; 03-18-2019, 10:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• DirectorDave
    replied
    Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

Smollett. Didn't he also recently send threatening letters to himself
    Yeah, looks like he sent the letter....as it has fake ricin he could be up on federal terrorism charges too.

I had to check if Munchhausen was still in the DSM 5, I thought it would be lobbed in with another personality disorder by now, but it is still in.

My pop psychology makes me think he is more borderline.

Leave a comment:

• Ginger
    replied

You tell me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Trump.JPG
Views:	431
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	703269
    Except, of course, that Trump engaged in no conspiracy with Cohen. Haven't you been following the news?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X